Dan Brown

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
zehra
Bookshelf Size: 0

Dan Brown

Post by zehra »

What is your favorite Dan Brown novel?
Meg0169
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg0169.html
Latest Review: "Night of the Chupacabra" by Michael Hebler

Post by Meg0169 »

That's a tough question. I would have to say it's a tie between Angels& Demons and Deception Point. I have re-read both many times and thinking about them now makes me want to re-read them all over again. I suppose Angels& Demons keeps you more on edge, but I like the story behind Deception Point better. More my style.
Latest Review: "Night of the Chupacabra" by Michael Hebler
Fictinfreak90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictinfreak90.html

Post by Fictinfreak90 »

Close tie between Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code. I agree that Angels and Demons was more edgy and suspenseful, but I liked the story behind The Da Vinci Code more. Even though The Da Vinci Code 's story was somewhat far-fetched, Brown does a good job of using historical facts to support his argument and make you believe that the Priory of Sion could actually be guarding the grail and so forth. Both are very well thought-out, especially The Da Vinci Code.
Chrismha

Post by Chrismha »

I just purchased Inferno. Gotta say I loved A and D and the Code.
honeybunny
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybunny.html
Latest Review: "Sassy Sonja, Virgin Bride" by Sarah Sewell Wolters

Post by honeybunny »

Angels and Demons. I liked the others as well, but I went to Rome and I really felt inside the book when they described all the art and churches.
Latest Review: "Sassy Sonja, Virgin Bride" by Sarah Sewell Wolters
stayathomedad

Post by stayathomedad »

I think the Da Vinci Code was his best. The tit-bits of history (some fact, a lot of it fantasy) kept it interesting throughout. After reading three of his novels though I began to find his style a bit nauseating, too much gumph for me - don't fancy reading his latest stuff at all.
SammyLou37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammylou37.html

Post by SammyLou37 »

I have only read The Da Vinci Code and I devoured that whilst on holiday one year. There have been so many mixed reviews, but I loved it. Thought it was fascinating and thought provoking and I couldn't put it down. I can see how his style of writing may become tedious, perhaps he does a bit too much tell and not enough show. But I would try another - I have got Inferno, but not got around to starting it.
soccerstar95
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soccerstar95.html
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot

Post by soccerstar95 »

The Da Vinci Code, but only because it was his 1st book that I read. After a while, they start getting repetitive style wise. I do, however, like all the history thrown in all of his books.
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot
dbrown1947

Post by dbrown1947 »

Really enjoyed Robt. Langdon series....read all 4....any suggestions of other books I might like
shayna
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayna.html
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman

Post by shayna »

Probably Deception Point, though I really enjoyed the DaVinci Code novels.
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman
joecain
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joecain.html

Post by joecain »

Dan Brown sucks at history but his novels are intriguing.
Anxious Educator
Favorite Author: James Herriot
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anxious-educator.html
Latest Review: "Tea and Primroses" by Tess Thompson
fav_author_id: 10107

Post by Anxious Educator »

I've read Angels and Demons, Deception Point, and The Da Vinci Code, but I can't say which I liked better. Plus, it's been a while. I do remember being a little disappointed with Angels and Demons because it was rather similar to The Da Vinci Code - or at least the ending was similar in that Langdon saves the day and sleeps with a pretty woman.

I found a free copy (huzzah!) of The Lost Symbol, and it's on my to-read list. Anybody read that one?

Also, to reply to joecain - the problem is that I'm not sure what's history and what's fiction, and then I just get all mixed up. The history teacher in me really wants his novels to be more fact-based, but meh, can't have everything.
Latest Review: "Tea and Primroses" by Tess Thompson
dbrown1947

Post by dbrown1947 »

DVC is favorite
Adonis Maratos
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Favorite Book: thief of time
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adonis-maratos.html
Latest Review: "All myths and facts about Sri Ganesh" by Raja Bhowmik
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by Adonis Maratos »

I loved angels and demons but I have yet to read Inferno, although I doubt it will be much better
"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence; therefore is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle
Latest Review: "All myths and facts about Sri Ganesh" by Raja Bhowmik
michael_smith
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-smith.html

Post by michael_smith »

I have definitely enjoyed all of the Dan brown books that I have read, but I would definitely say that I enjoyed Inferno the best. It just seems like his writing keeps getting better and better. I could barely put Inferno down.

Return to “Discuss Authors”