Any of you have a favorite children's author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
kassielk
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kassielk.html

Re: Any of you have a favorite children's author?

Post by kassielk »

Jane Yolen was the author who first made me fall in love with fantasy and dragons.
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

C.S. Lewis, Gail Carson Levine, or if you're asking for very young readers Dr. Suess!
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I have not heard of the author that you mentioned. The Nancy Drew series is a really good series, which I have to admit that I still read sometimes. I used to read a couple of series when I was little. One of them is called the Fairy Realm series, and the other is called the Katie Kazoo series. I honestly don't remember the names of the authors. The Katie Kazoo series I remember having dozens of books, whereas the Fairy Realm series had maybe anywhere from 10 to 12. Both series were fun to read. If you are looking for books for your children to read, then I would suggest either of these series.
saraya1234
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by saraya1234 »

Wolfang and Heike Hohlbein and all of their awesome fantasy books!
Loki
Currently Reading: Les Miserables
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loki.html

Post by Loki »

Roald Dahl always was-and will be-my favorite children's author.
KingOfTheAce
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingoftheace.html

Post by KingOfTheAce »

John Flanagan writes good children books, if they are a bit older atleast. Around the age of about 12.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I just finished Suzie Sparkle and the Magic book not too long ago and it was pretty good. I would recommend it to a child, and even for adults. It was a lot of fun to read and it had a lot of action.
allwritemel1967

Post by allwritemel1967 »

Even though I'm 48 I LOVE children's books and still collect them. Enid Blyton has to be top for me, especially as she got me interested in creative writing. Her book Little House at the Corner changed my life. I also love Jacqueline Wilson who writes stories which resonate with emotions (not sure resonate is the right word here ...) right now my favourite is Ridley Pearson ... I love his style although at times he can be a little confusing in the sense that some things in the Kingdom Keepers seem to happen from nowhere no matter how many times I re-read them. I'm trying to find Maggie and A Traveller in Time because I loved those books when I was little. my friend has just got me the second one but the first is proving difficult. I'd love to re-read that series!

I work in a school reading with children on a voluntary basis and I love it - One of the best series they read is Kate Maryon - her books are all related to shine, glitter, that kind of thing. Can't remember their names at the moment except for Shine. The reader really feels for the main character because she's forced to move in with family, uprooted from her normal life when her mother is thrown in jail - she REALLY doesn't want to be there and finds it incredibly hard to settle.

I recently read a wonderful trilogy (well, I've read the first of it but I've contacted the author and told him I have to read the rest) called Elias and the Legend of Sirok by Edward G Kardos. Great book which works on countless levels - I really related to many of the issues raised in the book - sorry, not sure if I'm allowed to say why I like them so I'll shut up now!
Booklover93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover93.html

Post by Booklover93 »

I love Daniel Handler (well, I suppose his children's author pseudonym is Lemony Snicket). He is such a unique and creative writer. I have always aspired to make a book series as simple, yet amazingly written and so unique as his A Series of Unfortunate Events series.
tiffanynettles
Favorite Author: Tami Hoad
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanynettles.html
Latest Review: "Fate Reborn" by Christina OW

Post by tiffanynettles »

I really like R.L. Stine. His goosebumps series was a favorite of mine when I was younger, and now I am going through and reading them all to my son. I also use to really enjoy John R. Erickson's hank the cow dog series when I was a kid.
Latest Review: "Fate Reborn" by Christina OW
Emilytk25
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilytk25.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Emilytk25 »

Loved Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dohl and many books of his.
JohnPriest

Post by JohnPriest »

I think mine would have to be Roald Dahl, R.L.Stine and JM Barrie for Peter Pan.
Foreveryoung

Post by Foreveryoung »

I would have to say Roald Dahl and Lemony Snicket are both of my favourite childrens authors. The books are just amazing, I also used to enjoy Geronimo Stilton (haha) The illustrations of the words were really fun
ebarnard_10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebarnard-10.html

Post by ebarnard_10 »

Patricia Polacco!
jadeowyanhui
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadeowyanhui.html

Post by jadeowyanhui »

I love roald dahl books. I still read them in my spare time.

Return to “Discuss Authors”