Christian fiction authors

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
sarahdvt
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahdvt.html

Re: Christian fiction authors

Post by sarahdvt »

Has anyone read any Regina Doman books? I just finished her third book, "The Midnight Dancers." She remakes the fairytale of the twelve dancing princesses into a modern day story, which worked really well. Tracie Peterson is one of my favorite Christian authors!
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I love Karen Kingsbury, Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, Julie Klassen, Kristen Heitzmann, and Deeanne Gist! There are many more that I also enjoy, but these are definitely some of my top favorites. They all have such different writing styles and encompass many different genres.
jesslovesbooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesslovesbooks.html

Post by jesslovesbooks »

The Angelaeon Circle was a great series by Karyn Henley. Great series for readers looking for a Christian author who also enjoy fantasy genre.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

All the ones mentioned are excellent and there are many many more but Karen Kingsbury is by far the best. What a gift that lady has!
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
jmjennings14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmjennings14.html

Post by jmjennings14 »

I know this post is a little bit older but if you're still looking for good authors my all time favorite author is Karen Kingsbury. I know someone mentioned that her Baxter Family series is good and I completely agree, but some of her other books are also fantastic. Her book A Thousand Tomorrows is one of my favorites. Also Tracie Peterson is another good one. You can't go wrong with some old Janet Oke and if you're into history at all there is a huge series by Gilbert Morris called House of Winslow that follows the Winslow family from the Mayflower throughout history in America. If you're looking for something scary Ted Dekker and Frank Perreti are both good options! I haven't read Christian fiction in a while and this post is really making me want to dive back in, so thanks!
Stuck_inabook
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stuck-inabook.html

Post by Stuck_inabook »

I enjoy reading Robert Whitlow, Julie Klassen, Janette Oke, Dee Henderson, Francine Rivers, Tommy Tenney, Frank Peretti, Ted Dekker. Any author that can keep my attention and develop good story lines with great characters is what I usually look for. There are more but these top my list.
pretzelsnow
Favorite Author: Lynn Austin
Favorite Book: Long Time Coming by Edie Claire
Currently Reading: Silas Marner by George Elliot
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretzelsnow.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 7595

Post by pretzelsnow »

Paliden wrote:Hey! I read a lot of Christian Fiction. All of the suggestions you had are great. Here are a few more

Francine Rivers (General fiction prob.)
Lori Wick (Romance)
Beverly Lewis (Amish)
Janette Oke (romance?)
Brock and Brodie Thoen (not really sure, general prob.)
Jerry Jenkins (not sure what sub-genre, but he's good)
Karen Kingsbury (LOVE her Baxter family series!)

Love Lauraine Snelling, Angela Elwell Hunt (LOVE her books!!!) and Lynn Austin
You read my mind.I have read and love all of those authors! :o
When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann
KristineNicole
Favorite Author: Emily Bronte
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: The Snow Child By Eowym Ivey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristinenicole.html
fav_author_id: 2494

Post by KristineNicole »

Virginia Smith. Her 'Mayla Strong' books are inspiring, touching reads.
Miri Faye
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 17650">The Selection</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miri-faye.html
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Miri Faye »

Wayne Thomas Batson and Donita K. Paul
“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
hnm216
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by hnm216 »

I absolutely love everything by Beverley Lewis, and Janette Oke. Lori Wicks is pretty good too, however, I haven't ready much of her work.
HoneyB
Currently Reading: The Law of Moses
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeyb.html
Latest Review: "The Whisper of Time" by Ute Carbone

Post by HoneyB »

Has anyone read the Christian vampire trilogy by Debbie Viguie (Kiss of Night, Kiss of Death, & Kiss of Revenge)? I'm still reading the first one, but wanted to know if anyone else has read all three and what they thought of them.
A book is a device to ignite the imagination.
~Alan Bennett
Latest Review: "The Whisper of Time" by Ute Carbone
ejcogan
Favorite Author: Jeaniene Frost
Favorite Book: Once Burned
Currently Reading: The Truth of all Flesh
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejcogan.html
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
fav_author_id: 3311

Post by ejcogan »

I really enjoy Ted Dekker. The Circle series and Three were my favorites of his books.
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
CJBrightley
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjbrightley.html

Post by CJBrightley »

Most of my recommendations have already been mentioned, but here are a few more:

Harold Myra has written some wonderful books. His series that starts with Children in the Night is a beautiful allegory and a wonderful children's fantasy (kind of dark); it's fantastic, on part with the Chronicles of Narnia I think.

Michael Phillips writes historical fiction/general fiction (not romantic, or at least not with a romantic focus). I like The Legend of the Celtic Stone series and A Rift in Time, but he has other good ones as well.

Stephen Lawhead writes very good historical fiction and his books are shelved as Christian fiction, but the Christian themes are fairly subdued. They're heavy on the history and light on the Christian; that might not be what you're looking for, but they are good.

Calvin Miller's work is wonderful. I've mostly read his poetry, but what fiction I've read of his is very good (on the warm-fuzzy end of things). I am not a poetry reader; generally I find it boring and overdone. But Miller's The Singer Trilogy is amazing; poetry that reads with tension like a novel.

Douglas Hirt wrote a fun series that starts with Flight to Eden - it's pre-flood fantasy with dinosaurs and nephilim and spaceships and Atlantis. The paperbacks I have were given horrendously bad covers, but the books are actually well-written and enjoyable.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I can't think of any specific authors right now, but I can name off a couple of series that are really good. The Love Finds You series is fantastic, definitely one of my favorites. If you look up that title, then all of these different books will come up. There are over 50 books in the series. I can name a few of my favorites from the series. There is Love Finds You in Sun Valley Idaho, Hope Kansas, Miracle Kentucky, Sisters Oregon, and Valentine Nebraska just to name a few. All of the books I have read from this series have been good, but these are my favorites so far. I would also like to mention the Love Inspired series. You can get these books at your closest Wal-mart. They have romance, historical, and suspense novels. They are just litle pocket books pretty much. They are perfect if you just want a quick and fun book to read that will lift your spirits. What I would suggest is looking at thrift stores for these. You can look online to see what the labels look like, and then you can find them at thrift stores and garage sales for about 25 or 50 cents instead of five dollars each. I hope these suggestions help you out. Then again, if you enjoy Christian novels as much as I do, then you might have heard of them already.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
more_books_please
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by more_books_please »

I have read books by Francine Rivers and Karen Kingsbury and I really like both of them. Now thank you to all who have posted I have a lot of reading to do... decisions decisions

Return to “Discuss Authors”