Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
RaineL
Favorite Author: There are many
Favorite Book: Too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by

Post by RaineL »

Denise Grover Swank. While I was working at Amazon I had purchased my first Kindle Fire and I was told that you could download free books. Well, I decided to do a search. I saw the cover of Chosen and thought that it looked rather interesting as it was a symbol. Now ordinarily I would not say that I would say I was into paranormal/romance but I was looking for something new to try since I was getting back into reading after a long drought. I quickly downloaded all of her other books in the series upon completion of each book in the series. I liked them so well that I decided to check out her other series and they were in other genres. Now, I must read everything that she releases.
Kookalin

Post by Kookalin »

John Green
pinkmoon6337

Post by pinkmoon6337 »

The first author I had to read everything by was S.E. Hinton. I read the outsiders first and then I had to read everything else.
hutteriteteacher
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hutteriteteacher.html

Post by hutteriteteacher »

Lisa Tawn Bergren, I read her book Refuge and then just had to read everything else she has written since then. I just finished the first in her YA series Remnants and loved it. I have highly recommended it to my students and each one who has read it has fallen in love with her writing very quickly.
MeeksMeeks

Post by MeeksMeeks »

I just finished reading all of the books written by Bertrice Small. She is a master story teller and had me driving all over just to find the next book. This was until I decided to order all from Amazon. I enjoy Historical Romance stories and Bertrice Small's books will have staying up all night just to find out what happens next.
shilalekh
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilalekh.html

Post by shilalekh »

E.S.Gardner, the Perry Mason series. My school library had complete selection and I finished them all and then re-read some. I still can't resist it if I come across one!!
CharissKWalker
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9">Prelude (An Alec Winters Series, Book 1)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by CharissKWalker »

I had to read everything by Ayn Rand, but that was back in the 1960's. I think I always read everything an author wrote if it was available at our public library before moving on to the next one.
hareid03
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hareid03.html

Post by hareid03 »

I can't remember this from my childhood, but I know in my preteens years it was J.K Rowling because all I'd known by her was Harry Potter and the Stephanie Myer because I just really loved the storyline of Twilight back then (not gonna lie, vampires are a serious obsession in books for me) and wanted to find out what else she had written.
darkhuntress
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkhuntress.html

Post by darkhuntress »

The first author I had to read everything by would have to be Sherrilyn Kenyon. Absolutely love her work and have many of her books. I hope to one day get all of them in physical form.
"Fear in a name, only increases fear in the thing itself"
Tayner01
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayner01.html

Post by Tayner01 »

Ha ha Alex Garland - After reading 'The Beach' I totally feel in love with his writing - I think this was more so with the travellers lifestyle that Richard has and that was something that at the time I craved. His other books just didn't quite live up to 'The Beach' though.
BookLovers2015
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Little Women
Currently Reading: Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklovers2015.html
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by BookLovers2015 »

Wendy Mass. I decided I had read everything by her after I read, " Every Soul A Star".
Michella L

Post by Michella L »

John Steinbeck. I started with East of Eden, and after re-reading it several times, I ventured into his earlier works. Some of those first books were illuminating, watching him grow as a writer, and becoming familiar with characters that he was inspired by. Also, as a primarily fiction reader, reading his non-fiction work was a wonderful surprise, as A Russian Journal, became on of my favorite books.
kaylafurnia

Post by kaylafurnia »

I had to read all Scott Westerfeld books after reading his Uglies series. He is such an amazing author. John Green comes in a very close second and there are many female authors that I will read any new book that they put out.
newcement

Post by newcement »

I must say I've been loving James Dashner and have pummeled my way through the Maze Runner series and am now looking into his other series.

To kaylafurnia: I just finished Afterworlds by Westerfeld - how do his other books compare?
maurynna36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maurynna36.html

Post by maurynna36 »

Tamora Pierce. My grandmother got me "Wild Magic" as a gift when I was about 11 or 12 and I proceeded to devour every book she writes to this day.

Return to “Discuss Authors”