Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
glassfable5
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glassfable5.html

Re: Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by

Post by glassfable5 »

I believe the first author that I wanted to read everything by was probably Gail Carson Levine. I loved Ella Enchanted, The Princess Tales Series, The Two Princesses of Bamarre, and several other books by her. She's a wonderful writer, especially if your into fairy-tales that have a little twist.
Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Jesska6029 »

The first author I had to read everything by was S.E. Hinton. I read The Outsiders in middle school. It was required reading, and I had never really liked a book before that. I loved The Outsiders, so I picked up everything I could find by S.E. Hinton.

I also developed a love of the Goosebumps books. They satisfied my desire for "scary" stories. I actually still have all of those books boxed up. I'm hoping I find a young reader who likes scary stories to give them to!
“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” ~J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
ankop95
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ankop95 »

The first author I HAD to read everything by them is Lee Child; The Jack Reacher Thrillers. I just loved the events he went through to keep himself alive. To also help other people along the way. His writing style is a feeling of read all in one sitting. I don't know how many times I've read his books all in one sitting; I never wanted to put his books down.
jojo48713
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojo48713.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by jojo48713 »

My two "everything" authors are J.K. Rowling and Kate Brian. J.K. Rowling started with me reading Harry Potter and watching interview after interview with the author and I was in love. As for Kate Brian, my best friend and I found Ambition at Borders and it is the 7th book in the Private series. It sounded really good so we searched for the first novel, Private, and we were drawn in and had the need to own everything she's ever written.
KateCrRdr
Favorite Author: Joe Dispenza
Favorite Book: Breaking your habit for being yourself
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katecrrdr.html
fav_author_id: 6757

Post by KateCrRdr »

The first was Paulo Coelho, all his books were read. From that author began my love of books.
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

After reading Ella Enchanted, I had to read everything else written by Gail Carson Levine. I can't say I loved every book of hers but there were some gems.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
demme55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-demme55.html

Post by demme55 »

Anne McCaffery - and I was horrified when I read some that I thought were horribly written. She remains a favorite today.
kassielk
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kassielk.html

Post by kassielk »

Definitely Mercedes Lackey. I discovered a book of hers by accident and I've read all her books since then. I find myself frequently searching when her next book comes out with bated breath every time I finish a new one.
shubygurl84

Post by shubygurl84 »

When I was a little girl, I had to have the Mickey Mouse set, then in preteens it was Swet Valley Twins set by Jamie Suzanne, but my favorite was my teens when I had to read every one of Jude Deveraux's books. I was captivated. I absolutely love her stories. Especially the ones that are set where the characters go back in time or move forward in time.
catt5555

Post by catt5555 »

Lately, I've been reading alot of Debbie Macomber. Her books are easy reads, and they all take place in small towns. I like that about them. And, there's always a love story in them!

-- 29 Mar 2015, 10:59 --

To Kassielk. What type of books does Mercedes Lackey write? I'm interested in finding a new author to read.
Birksmle13

Post by Birksmle13 »

Stephen King
Jessica8587
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica8587.html

Post by Jessica8587 »

I think it would have to be Robyn Carr. I have a few others since then but shes one person where I just pick up the book because I know its going to be good!
Buddysmom

Post by Buddysmom »

For me it was John Grisham. I was a bit reluctant to even read one at first. I was volunteering in a Soup Kitchen when I came across "Street Lawyer" about a lawyer working pro bono in a soup kitchen and I was off and running! Ford County was my least favorite. John Grisham kept me awake many many nights! Absolutely love him.
Carinabramley

Post by Carinabramley »

Jodi Picoult

I'm still not there, but I've read a lot of her books (the film adaptations not so great!)
S Painter

Post by S Painter »

Dan Brown! The first Dan Brown book I ever read was actually Deception Point. I loved the mix of facts, fiction and legend/conspiracy. I could not put it down and have since read all of his books.

Return to “Discuss Authors”