Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
jrjksn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jrjksn.html

Re: Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by

Post by jrjksn »

The person who really got me into reading was R.L. Stein. I used to walk around with a Goosebumps book everywhere I went and then when I got older I started reading the Fear Street books.
Shadowhunter123
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadowhunter123.html

Post by Shadowhunter123 »

Wendy Mass and Cassandra Clare
natalieschmigle
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalieschmigle.html

Post by natalieschmigle »

I read all of the Mitch Albom books when I was in middle school. They are a short easy read, but packed full of thought-provoking ideas. My high school teacher had the class read Tuesdays with Morrie and I cried again.
Alimichel11
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Alimichel11 »

Shadowed_Gates wrote:As a kid, R.L. Stine was my EVERYTHING. I still have every Goosebumps book he put out. I treasure it.
I loved R.L. Stine as a kid! These books really got me into the horror/thriller/suspense genre. My son is getting closer to the age where he'll be reading chapter books more, and I'm hopeful he'll want to try these books as well.
ccantolina
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccantolina.html
Latest Review: "Studs, Tools and Fools" by Kathleen Hering

Post by ccantolina »

I imagine many people will say something similar, but for me it was J.K. Rowling. I started the Harry Potter series when I was in the 2nd grade and followed each new book release by making my parents wait at the bookstores as soon as they opened so I could start reading the next one immediately. Another author that I read everything by was Terry Goodkind....although his most recent releases have been severe disappointments to me and I've sort of given up. :roll:
Latest Review: "Studs, Tools and Fools" by Kathleen Hering
Lydia_Noyes
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-noyes.html

Post by Lydia_Noyes »

Wendell Berry for me. I can't get enough of that guy!
MrsPotts
Currently Reading: K is for Killing
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrspotts.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MrsPotts »

For me it was Alfred Hitchcock. I had read all of the Three Investigators books by the time I was in fifth grade. From there I read everything else of his.
Now there are so many authors I follow I can't begin to name them all.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

K.A. Tucker was the first author who I found myself reading one after another of her books. All of her stories became ones that I was unable to put down, and would usually finish in only one sitting. I'm so surprised by how she is able to write one after another of great stories, all with incredible plot twists, yet still manages to come up with more.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Springrain101

Post by Springrain101 »

Jacqueline Susann and Harold Robbins. My mom had The Love Machine hidden on her side of the bed and my father had The Adventures on his. I still have their copies to this day.
Isla
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isla.html

Post by Isla »

I absolutely had to continue reading A.S. King's works after "Everybody Sees the Ants." Her writing style is unique and satisfyingly consistent. I love how King writes from multiple perspectives from book to book and I appreciate the addictive rhythm she sets up over the pages.
ashnance
Currently Reading: The Secret History
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashnance.html

Post by ashnance »

I read all of the Harry Potter books as they came out - so JK Rowling might be the only author whose work I have read in its entirety. However, both Mary Higgins Clark and Harlan Coben are authors that I have read almost everything by. Even at a relatively young age, I could not wait to get to the book store to buy another large stack of Mary Higgins Clark books. Both Clark and Coben write such gripping mystery novels, I still love them both and look forward to picking up a new one!
Cslogan39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cslogan39.html

Post by Cslogan39 »

Mary Pope Osborne, I read every magic treehouse book by 3rd grade.
B00KW0RMZ
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b00kw0rmz.html

Post by B00KW0RMZ »

Roald Dahl. I love his books.
erica_bvs
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 668">Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince</a>
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica-bvs.html

Post by erica_bvs »

Robin Jones Gunn wrote a series of Christian fiction books called the Christy Miller series. I discovered them in 5th grade and absolutely loved them.
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

I love Gillian Flynn. She writes the best psychological thrillers and she really has a knack in telling gripping tales. Her characters are interesting and have good development throughout the story. She is an incredibly amazing writer. So far she's only written 3 novels and a short story. I've read them all of course and I'm patiently waiting for her future works.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Discuss Authors”