Agatha Christie

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Dream Catcher
Currently Reading: Battle Royale [Koushun Takami]
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dream-catcher.html

Re: Agatha Christie

Post by Dream Catcher »

Genius
SDaws
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sdaws.html

Post by SDaws »

A great writer and the standard that many have sought to reach. I am currently working my way through the Hercule Poirot series.
FNAWrite

Post by FNAWrite »

Just pulled "The Third Girl" from a box of miscellaneous books for some quick filler read. A later Poirot from '66(?). Going as nicely as one would suspect.

For those of us who are fans of Dame Agatha - are you at least amused by threads such as the one currently on this site about series books? 'After 4 or 5 books in a series, it should be ended', 'after a few years...'. I have to assume these are young readers. Is there any fan of Poirot who wished the Belgian fop had disapeared after 10 years, or 20 or 30 etc. or that Miss marple had passed away peacefully in 1945?
neha+thomas+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-thomas.html

Post by neha+thomas+ »

I have read a few of her books, they are crunching and her novels are very intriguing and mysterious, I think novels those days were based more on things like common sense , very detailed something like Sherlock Holmes, they had a different aura about them, I really like them
9alilem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-9alilem.html

Post by 9alilem »

I have to say that my favorite book by her is Ten Little Indians or later re-titled And Then There Were None. We had to read this in high school and it had me intrigued from the moment I started reading it. I love books that keep me guessing and this was one of them. It reminded me a lot of the game Clue, but I know that this book was written before that game. At least I think. Haven't read many of her other books, but would like to and have some books of hers in my house.
erinbilly

Post by erinbilly »

Agatha Christie is a wonderful writer and I love her books, but I think it's more fun to listen to her novels, gives them more of a eerie feel so to speak, like "Then there were none." I've both read, listened to, and even played the game, and I enjoyed listening to it the most.
shinjiblue
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shinjiblue.html
Latest Review: "The Stones of Judgment" by Deborah Wise

Post by shinjiblue »

I adore Agatha Christie and have read most of her work. I also really enjoyed the BBC dramatisations of her novels. The Tommy and Tuppence books are among my favorites even though they are less known than Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple.
Latest Review: "The Stones of Judgment" by Deborah Wise
wendyj
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyj.html
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid

Post by wendyj »

I started reading Agatha Christie as a young teen and have read and re-read every one of her books many times. Poirot is one of the origin serial detectives and I think many more current authors have taken a cue from Agatha Christie.
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid
Inishowen_Cailin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inishowen-cailin.html

Post by Inishowen_Cailin »

Agatha Christie is on my to be read list. I love Marple and Poirot from the tv. I've wanted to try out her books for a while now but was afraid they might be a bit tedious? I keep getting distracted with new releases from tried and tested authors! But I now have all her books downloaded and ready to go.
Lilas Taha

Post by Lilas Taha »

I grew up with Agatha Christie's books, and I think they shaped part of my views and experiences. I'd love to travel on the Midnight Express train!
ilovebooksamillion
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: The Dark Witch
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilovebooksamillion.html
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by ilovebooksamillion »

I haven't read any books from her yet, but I've heard she is great author
pharmerdani

Post by pharmerdani »

She is a genius. Her Ms. Marple is absolutely fantastic, and lends a unique warmth and cleverness to her already-addictive mysteries.
randomcheerio
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randomcheerio.html

Post by randomcheerio »

Genius! I'm a big fan of the Poirot books and And Then There Were None.
David Dawson
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-dawson.html
Latest Review: "The Mystery Factor" by Michael Brightman

Post by David Dawson »

FNAWrite wrote:Is there any fan of Poirot who wished the Belgian fop had disapeared after 10 years, or 20 or 30 etc.
Well, I know she doesn't count as a fan but Agatha Christie...
Latest Review: "The Mystery Factor" by Michael Brightman
casper
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casper.html
Latest Review: "The Sanctuary" by Cassandra R. Siddons

Post by casper »

I read a lot of Agatha Christie's books as a teenager and really enjoyed them. I haven't reread many of them over the years (the Murder of Roger Akroyd being one exception) mainly because the suspense has gone when I know the ending. However I have really enjoyed watching Poirot on TV. Agreed - David Suchet is brilliant.
Latest Review: "The Sanctuary" by Cassandra R. Siddons

Return to “Discuss Authors”