Cassandra Claire

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
marissa_in
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-in.html

Re: Cassandra Claire

Post by marissa_in »

Love city of bones!
jadecornelius
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadecornelius.html

Post by jadecornelius »

I'm in love with City of Bones! Such an amazing series of books.
K-katastrophe3
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: Remembrance by Jude Deveraux
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-katastrophe3.html
Latest Review: "Spellhollow Wood" by Joseph Scotti
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by K-katastrophe3 »

I absolutely loved Cassandra Claire's books! Though I do have to say I enjoyed The Infernal Devices more than The Mortal Instruments. Not that they weren't great. I think I just prefered the setting and storyline just a slightly bit more. Though I did see the movie City of Bones. It was okay.. they did a good job at trying to get all of the important events in there but they seemed to get them mixed up in order, it was a bit distracting. Nonetheless it was good, I'm just glad they didn't butcher it too badly.
“Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.” -Acheron in Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Latest Review: "Spellhollow Wood" by Joseph Scotti
dtvrivera
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtvrivera.html

Post by dtvrivera »

I absolutely loved the first book in the Mortal Instruments series. I actually purchased the first three books over three years ago, after finishing the Twilight Saga, but never got around to reading them. I started City of Bones about 4 times before finally sticking to it and finishing the entire book (just a few days ago, before watching the movie). I could not believe all the crazy twists and turns the story took to move the plot along. Clare is a fantastic writer and excellent in combining existing fantasy elements with non-traditional creatures to create a completely new world. I can't wait to start the next book in the series.
amanda8706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda8706.html

Post by amanda8706 »

I have read the first couple books, but then lost interest in reading any more of her books. The books became to drawn out and didn't catch my attention. I have yet to watch the movie, but I am wanting to give it a try.
Dream Catcher
Currently Reading: Battle Royale [Koushun Takami]
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dream-catcher.html

Post by Dream Catcher »

I hope they make more films, the book deserves a larger audience
honeybunny
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybunny.html
Latest Review: "Sassy Sonja, Virgin Bride" by Sarah Sewell Wolters

Post by honeybunny »

dea0045 wrote:I think she should have stopped at the first 3 books in the Mortal Instruments series like she originally planned. The last two felt like she was just adding things to round out the series to 5 for her publishers.
I didn't read all of the Clockwork series but I wasn't as impressed with it.
I totally agree with that! The 4th and 5th book seemed a bit unnecessary to me, although now I am curious for the sixth (and final) one. The third book did such a good job in tying everything up, I hope the sixth does that too.
Latest Review: "Sassy Sonja, Virgin Bride" by Sarah Sewell Wolters
soccerstar95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soccerstar95.html
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot

Post by soccerstar95 »

I am actually caught up but I don't plan on reading the 3rd series. After this series is finished, I'm done. Also, the movie looks terrible, but I think it was probably difficult to work in all their Marks and that sort of stuff.
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot
shayna
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayna.html
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman

Post by shayna »

I never saw the movie because I was afraid it was going to disappoint. I really enjoyed the books.
Liz-Nina94

Post by Liz-Nina94 »

shayna wrote:I never saw the movie because I was afraid it was going to disappoint. I really enjoyed the books.

that is exactly how i felt about it. by itself it was a good movie but compared to the pleasure i got from reading the books, it was a disappointment. although i must admit, there have been few movies that have held the same amount of enjoyment in both the book and movie. i did enjoy the books tremendously, and the story flowed along nicely. :D
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

I loved the first three mortal instruments books. I really loved the clockwork trilogy. I am hoping that the Magnus Bane chronicles are wonderful as well, he is such a fantastic character.
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
GBPhoenix17
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Ashes
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbphoenix17.html
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by GBPhoenix17 »

I thought City of Bones was a great book, but City of Ashes was probably my favorite out of the five books released right now. The Infernal Devices series, to me, really blew me away compared to TMI series.
Dezire06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

I Loved all of Cassandra Claires Books, She is a Great Author
shayna
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayna.html

Post by shayna »

I didn't see the movie for fear that it would ruin the books for me. I know some people liked it but I didn't think it looked that good.
Tianarenee3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tianarenee3.html

Post by Tianarenee3 »

Very excited for the last book to the mortal Instruments series, anyone know when it comes out?! Great author, great books.. Though I did wish she didn't write 12 whole books about world (a bit over kill perhaps?!) I still respect her as a credible author.

Return to “Discuss Authors”