Cassandra Claire

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
JessiAnne26
Currently Reading: A Novel Bookstore
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessianne26.html
Latest Review: "Positive Thinking Positive Life: The Mindset" by Phil Hunter

Re: Cassandra Claire

Post by JessiAnne26 »

the books were so great and i can't wait for the next one to come out this month. I love both the infernal devices as well as the mortal instruments but the movie was just terrible. I really hope if they decide to throw money at the next one some changes are made. i think maybe i just didn't care for lily colins as Clary. Has anyone read the magnus bane spinoff? is it worth it?
Latest Review: "Positive Thinking Positive Life: The Mindset" by Phil Hunter
Book-obsessed
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Graffiti Moon
Currently Reading: Opal
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-obsessed.html
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Book-obsessed »

I liked the books alright, can't wait until the last one comes out.

The movie was okay, it didn't blow me away but it didn't suck.
Crap happens; it's inevitable, it's a part of life. You can't let it destroy though, you learn to be stronger and wiser through the crappy things that happen.
Nimbus Wolfsbane
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Favorite Book: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimbus-wolfsbane.html
fav_author_id: 2456

Post by Nimbus Wolfsbane »

I got bored after book 2
With each page you turn another life you live...
jkclay1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jkclay1.html

Post by jkclay1 »

I love her writing style! It drives me nuts that the perspectives change so much but I think that is part of the trilling part! It's exciting to never know what you're going to read next. A lot of books and authors are very predictable and I just feel as though she is different.
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
-Benjamin Franklin
fmetheny

Post by fmetheny »

I love her books, they are certainly some I would include in the "guilty pleasure" category. I liked the movie but I felt like there was so much more to the books. They didn't explain some essential things in the movie and if you haven't read the series, you're lost. However, I just began reading "The Bane Chronicles" that are all about Magnus. I will be reviewing it very soon, as I am completely addicted!
angiebrock

Post by angiebrock »

One of the authors I have become addicted to is Cassandra Claire. It all started with her Clockwork Angel series, now I'm hooked. As someone who grew up before the electronic craze, I'm still a hold-in-your-hand paper book lover. I dislike that so many authors, like Claire, are only offering new work as digital. Am I alone in this?

Who else enjoys her books and which is your favorite?
Goldy_999
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goldy-999.html

Post by Goldy_999 »

Really like her work. The whole shadowhunter concept was exciting to read about. But personally didnt like the movie that much.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

She's one of my favorite authors and I absolutely love The Mortal Instruments series. I own the set and they're some of my all time favorite books. She just creates an amazing book universe that it's just so hard to not fall in love with the books.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
IsoldeSkogsra
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isoldeskogsra.html

Post by IsoldeSkogsra »

I love these books, and the movie, although the tv series is terrible.
CaitlinE
Currently Reading: The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitline.html

Post by CaitlinE »

It's really unfortunate how bad the movie and the TV series are. She's a fantastic writer, and I have really enjoyed every books she's written, but I guess it just doesn't translate on screen. The Infernal Devices trilogy will always have my heart!
DarthMom25
Currently Reading: Deadly Design
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darthmom25.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
2024 Reading Goal: 364
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by DarthMom25 »

I love love love Cassandra Clare's works! TMI and TID are fantastic, and so far, TDA are wonderful, as well. I can't wait to see where she takes the story line with the parabatai bond/love story between Jules and Emma.
Michelle92
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle92.html
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann

Post by Michelle92 »

I really love the Mortal Instruments series and I still need to read the Infernal Devices. But I think I would like them too. Cassandra Claire has an amazing imagination and the gift to tell an incredible story. So I just admire her writing.
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann
Honey Doll

Post by Honey Doll »

Hi,
I am a fan of Cassandra Clare, and have read many of her books. Specifically ones from The Mortal Instruments Series. All I can say is, "WOW!" What a series!
I began reading, and, as I completed book 1, I HAD TO run to Barnes and Noble to purchase the next one, and then the next and the next..ect..
Ms. Clare's writing is incredible. Her books are LONG. I actually enjoy reading long books because that means that I have more time to be with the characters. During some of her books, not many, I do admit that I had to either read quickly or skip because it was just too sad.
When I saw that there would be a movie about the series, I was very excited. I thought the movie was great. When I started reading some of the negative reviews of the movie, how many were comparing it to the books, it just irked me to no end. I kept politely explaining that it was an adaptation and that if the movie contained everything from the book, the movie would be another Gone With the Wind. It's too bad much of the public just didn't understand the concept of an adaptation.
As far as the tv adaptation, well, I began watching it, wanted to like it, I really did, but, there are just too many things off with it. But, I wish them well.
I haven't read any of CC since CoHF, because that ending just gutted me, so I've needed a break, but, will probably be returning at some point as a Cassandra Clare reader. :)

Return to “Discuss Authors”