Cassandra Claire

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Enigma
Favorite Author: S.E.Hinton
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading: Breathless by Scott Prussing
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enigma.html
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill

Cassandra Claire

Post by Enigma »

I'm a huge fan of her books. The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices. Any one else read these books, and how excited are you for the movie, City of Bones?
If I didn't write, I'd never sleep.

Up the Irons!!!
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill
heatherprzybyla
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherprzybyla.html

Post by heatherprzybyla »

I was excited I haven't seen the trailer yet but heard it wasn't impressive. Now I'm torn haha either way when it comes out on DVD ill be watching!
melakkari
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Biting Bad by Chloe Neill
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melakkari.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by melakkari »

I love the books! I plowed through each one of them, they were so exciting. I was so psyched about the movie, as I always am when book enspired movies come out. There was obviously tons of good action, but the story line was too different from the original story for me. I find that too distracting. The book is, almost always, better than the movie. I liked most of the choices of actors for the characters. Valentine was way different than the description in the book (not that I have any problems with Jonathan Rhys Meyers :D ). It was the same way with Beautiful Creatures. I love that series and was way excited for the movie, but as always they changed the story. I was too busy scratching my head to fully enjoy it. I think that if we hadn't read the stories, we might enjoy the movies better. Like that's gonna happen :wink:
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Yes I was also disappointed with Beautiful Creatures the movie. I certainly will not be buying the DVD, the deviated from the book too much and left out a princible character.
However CIty of Bones blew me away. It's been a while since I read the book, but it bought back memories. I loved that the film ended with a satisfying ending and not left it on a cliffhanger.
Yes, the characters ere very different to the descriptions in the book and Valentine looked too young to
Be their father. Even so, I thought the chemistry between the two leads was perfect, sizzling even. The film and books put twilight to shame. :-)

-- 02 Sep 2013, 17:14 --
heatherprzybyla wrote:I was excited I haven't seen the trailer yet but heard it wasn't impressive. Now I'm torn haha either way when it comes out on DVD ill be watching!
Yes, the trailer was very disappointing, it showed hardly any of the good parts. I can't see how the film will disappoint. I was glued to the screen.
Guess what book I'm going to read again. :-)

-- 02 Sep 2013, 17:14 --
heatherprzybyla wrote:I was excited I haven't seen the trailer yet but heard it wasn't impressive. Now I'm torn haha either way when it comes out on DVD ill be watching!
Yes, the trailer was very disappointing, it showed hardly any of the good parts. I can't see how the film will disappoint. I was glued to the screen.
Guess what book I'm going to read again. :-)

Up the Irons!!!
melakkari
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Biting Bad by Chloe Neill
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melakkari.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by melakkari »

Yeah, most of the book based movies put Twilight to shame. I'm glad that's over. Not that I didn't watch them all, I kind of had to. Mortal Instruments is a better quality film for sure. I just really need to adjust to a younger, less platinum blonde Valentine and some of the other changes which I'm not going to spoil.
Dphaber
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dphaber.html
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta

Post by Dphaber »

I loved the Mortal Instruments trilogy, but after that I just sort of lost interest in her books.
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Dphaber wrote:I loved the Mortal Instruments trilogy, but after that I just sort of lost interest in her books.
You should try book one of Infernal Devices. :D

Up the Irons!!!
whitney1550
Currently Reading: The apothecaries poison

Post by whitney1550 »

Read the first book of mortal instruments and loved it but couldn't Gert interested in the second one
KimberlyTritten
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberlytritten.html

Post by KimberlyTritten »

I am reading City of Bones, and I do have to say it is amazing really, I love the plot, and the way its written.
booklover101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover101.html

Post by booklover101 »

First off I think that her last name is spelled Clare. Anyways one of the best books I have ever read it was exiting from the very beginning which I don't see in many book. Love the new world it takes me.
CattieA
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cattiea.html

Post by CattieA »

Ever since I first read City of Bones I have been a huge fan of Cassie Clare. I love the whole Shadowhunter world and am always on the lookout for her stuff. I was super excited to when the news came out about CoB being made into a movie. However after seeing it I am sad to say I still am disappointed that it veered more off course than what I thought. It's still a good movie and I will buy the dvd but too many things changed for me to love it.
MagicofBooks86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicofbooks86.html

Post by MagicofBooks86 »

I love The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. And I even enjoyed the movie. Was it a perfect movie? No. But I was still glad to see that world brought to life on the big screen. Still crossing my fingers that movie two happens. I almost think that TMI would work better as a TV series.

I've read the entirety of TID, but I've only read the first 3 books in TMI. Can't wait to read the rest though.
CattieA
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cattiea.html

Post by CattieA »

MagicofBooks86 wrote:I love The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. And I even enjoyed the movie. Was it a perfect movie? No. But I was still glad to see that world brought to life on the big screen. Still crossing my fingers that movie two happens. I almost think that TMI would work better as a TV series.

I've read the entirety of TID, but I've only read the first 3 books in TMI. Can't wait to read the rest though.

That's actually a good idea for a tv series. I just hate watching a show and then having it canceled so I would more likely want it as a movie.
dea0045
Favorite Author: Austen or Dickens
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dea0045.html

Post by dea0045 »

I think she should have stopped at the first 3 books in the Mortal Instruments series like she originally planned. The last two felt like she was just adding things to round out the series to 5 for her publishers.
I didn't read all of the Clockwork series but I wasn't as impressed with it.
Claire200104

Post by Claire200104 »

I am such a fan of the Mortal Instruments but the clockwork series was nothing to compare.

Return to “Discuss Authors”