Nora Roberts which do you prefer?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
FMChandler
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fmchandler.html
Latest Review: "Dream Walkin'" by Colleen McLain

Nora Roberts which do you prefer?

Post by FMChandler »

Nora Roberts is an all around wonderfull writer. I have a hard time deciding which of her writing styles I like more. Her romance, paranormal romance, or her murder mysteries. Anyone have a certain preference?
rosebubbles

Post by rosebubbles »

I prefer her paranormal and murder mysteries. I haven't read a whole lot of her straight romance books, but that's more because it's not a genre I read a whole ton of. I do like her writing style quite a bit though! I agree, all around wonderful writer :)
FMChandler

Post by FMChandler »

Her paranormal are great. Do you have a favorite?
puncheebone
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-puncheebone.html

Post by puncheebone »

I enjoy reading Nora Roberts she really provokes my imagination which is a great break from my mundane world ..I love that her spectrum of writing can involve many different genres in one novel.. if you read the blood brothers trilogy theres sci fi romance and mystery all mixed in and you cant stop with reading the first of the series. I really think Nora Roberts is great. I have yet to get into her JD Robb books i am still making my way through all of her Nora Roberts novels. So i cant really say as far as which of the two of those authors i prefer.
FMChandler

Post by FMChandler »

puncheebone wrote:I enjoy reading Nora Roberts she really provokes my imagination which is a great break from my mundane world ..I love that her spectrum of writing can involve many different genres in one novel.. if you read the blood brothers trilogy theres sci fi romance and mystery all mixed in and you cant stop with reading the first of the series. I really think Nora Roberts is great. I have yet to get into her JD Robb books i am still making my way through all of her Nora Roberts novels. So i cant really say as far as which of the two of those authors i prefer.
Her JD Robb books are one of my favorite series. You are absolutely right she does flow through every genre even in one book. I don't think I've read the blood brothers trilogy but I have read her Sign of Seven and Circle Trilogies and loved them.
Ms Frizz
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-frizz.html

Post by Ms Frizz »

She does have a lot of range. I've read some of her romances and a few of the J.D. Robb books. My brother (who does not read romance) recently bought a J.D. Robb book and didn't even know it was her until I told him.
nan m
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nan-m.html
Latest Review: "Lantern in the Mist (Second Review)" by Liliana Shelbrook

Post by nan m »

I always wanted to pick a book of Nora Robert but something was holding me back! Now that I have got some nice thoughts about her novels, I'll probably start with a paranormal romance book of hers.. thanks ppl.. :)
Latest Review: "Lantern in the Mist (Second Review)" by Liliana Shelbrook
saturday+deviant
Favorite Author: Riley Hart
Favorite Book: The Virgin Suicides
Currently Reading: Entice
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saturday-deviant.html
Latest Review: "The Kiss" by Michelle Bolanger
Reading Device: B00OTWQXSI
fav_author_id: 30187

Post by saturday+deviant »

She was one of the first romance novelists that I read and so I will stick with her romances. I don't like mysteries in general so those wouldn't be my favorites anyhow.
Latest Review: "The Kiss" by Michelle Bolanger
Clsilv
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clsilv.html

Post by Clsilv »

I prefer her books that she writes under the pen name of J.D.Robb love all of those books read everyone in the series.
Jessica TheBookLover

Post by Jessica TheBookLover »

I am a huge fan of her Murder books, make's me stand on my toes and always surprised.. However, Her romance books have me swooning and crushing on her characters... I love the stories but Murder are my favorite stories!
Sincerely,
Jessica
Cshelton
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cshelton.html
Latest Review: "Destiny Maybe" by Hanzel L. Calangan

Post by Cshelton »

I absolutely loved her Paranormal, Suspense/ Murder Mystery romance novels. I think she is an overall phenomenal writer, whom I would recommend to any and everyone to read.
Latest Review: "Destiny Maybe" by Hanzel L. Calangan
MReads72807

Post by MReads72807 »

I enjoy her In Death series written as J.D.Robb better than her traditional romance novels. I like the strong plots around the same theme. I also find the main character's constant romance with her husband is an unusual yet welcome theme not found in many books.
FMChandler

Post by FMChandler »

nan m wrote:I always wanted to pick a book of Nora Robert but something was holding me back! Now that I have got some nice thoughts about her novels, I'll probably start with a paranormal romance book of hers.. thanks ppl.. :)
:D Glad we could help she is an awesome writer. If you are taking suggestions try Midnight Bayou it's just one book but you will get agood taste of her style and yes it's classed as paranormal.
bettiekrueger

Post by bettiekrueger »

Her straight up romance is really good, her " In the Garden" trilogy were the first books of hers I read and still are my favorite.
skybunny775

Post by skybunny775 »

Nora Roberts books are a hit or miss for me.
My favorites are her paranormal romance and romance.
Have not read her murder mysteries

Return to “Discuss Authors”