Nora Roberts which do you prefer?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Nora Roberts which do you prefer?

Post by Celticlady »

I have not read a Nora Roberts book in awhile but I do enjoy her suspense series and anything she writes about Ireland!
Mrsj1320
Currently Reading: Ghost Story
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Mrsj1320 »

I have never read anythung by her and always wondered about her books. Looks like I will check them out and pick a few ?
Taresh Bansal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Taresh Bansal »

She is best
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I am actually currently reading one of her books for the first time called The Villa. I have not read any of her other books, so I cannot say yet which ones I would prefer. I can say that so far I am enjoying the one that I am reading. I have however seen all of the Nora Roberts movies which are High Noon, Carolina Moon Montana Skies, Northern Lights, Blue Smoke, and another one that I can't remember the name of right now and I find them all to be very good murder mystery stories.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
cstegmil
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cstegmil.html
Latest Review: "Of Elven Blood" by Leslie Fish

Post by cstegmil »

She's a great author but for some reason I got tired of her romance novels. I then read some of her paranormal books and enjoy those.
Latest Review: "Of Elven Blood" by Leslie Fish
ReadandRoll[
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: There are several
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... nbroken</a>
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower IV
Bookshelf Size: 550
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReadandRoll[ »

I have her J.D. Robb books on my list to read, thanks to all for suggestions!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
dobongsoon

Post by dobongsoon »

FMChandler wrote:
puncheebone wrote:I enjoy reading Nora Roberts she really provokes my imagination which is a great break from my mundane world ..I love that her spectrum of writing can involve many different genres in one novel.. if you read the blood brothers trilogy theres sci fi romance and mystery all mixed in and you cant stop with reading the first of the series. I really think Nora Roberts is great. I have yet to get into her JD Robb books i am still making my way through all of her Nora Roberts novels. So i cant really say as far as which of the two of those authors i prefer.
Her JD Robb books are one of my favorite series. You are absolutely right she does flow through every genre even in one book. I don't think I've read the blood brothers trilogy but I have read her Sign of Seven and Circle Trilogies and loved them.
Yeah but how does the book really flows?[/quote]
JenBrewer

Post by JenBrewer »

I have a hard time choosing. I love EVERYTHING that she writes. She is just so creative and knows how to draw you in from the first page. I, honestly, have a hard time reading other author's because I have gotten so used to her writing style. However, I am trying to step out and find some new author's; any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :D
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

FMChandler wrote:Nora Roberts is an all around wonderfull writer. I have a hard time deciding which of her writing styles I like more. Her romance, paranormal romance, or her murder mysteries. Anyone have a certain preference?
I have a preference for her paranormal romance series. My favorite is the Three Sisters Island trilogy. However, I also really enjoyed the O'Dwyer and Irish trilogies. I also like her murder mysteries as Nora Roberts, for example Obsession.

Unfortunately, I don't like the In Death series that she writes under the name JD Robb. I find the protagonist, Eve Dallas, annoying. Actually, I find all of the regular characters, except Eve's husband Roark, annoying.

Her books as Nora Roberts are some of my favorites when I want to relax and chill out.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
lancer254
Currently Reading: Confrontation
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by lancer254 »

I just can't get enough of her "In Death" series. Currently reading Secrets.
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

I love Nora Roberts (thanks, Mom for the introduction to her work!) and have read every one of her novels. I like them all, but I have a soft spot for anything paranormal, so they are my favorite!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I haven't read any of her mystery novels, but I do enjoy her romance. "The Villa" is my favorite and I have most recently liked her paranormal romances in "The Cousin O'Dwyer" Dark Witch series and "The Guardians" series.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

Brandi Noelle wrote:I haven't read any of her mystery novels, but I do enjoy her romance. "The Villa" is my favorite and I have most recently liked her paranormal romances in "The Cousin O'Dwyer" Dark Witch series and "The Guardians" series.
I really enjoyed the O'Dwyer series. I will need to check out The Villa as I haven't heard of that one.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

Spirit Wandering - Per our conversation in another thread, "The Villa" is a romance novel where the subplot of a whodunit mystery actually worked and very well. I could argue the mystery was the focal point with the romance playing second fiddle. Either way, it worked beautifully. It's about a Napa Valley family who is renowned for their wines, until someone starts tampering with them and people start dying. Great story for those who appreciate fine wines and the art of their production.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

If I read Nora Roberts, it is only her JD Robbs persona. I am not a fan of Romance books, and even her detective novels can be a bit much in that regard, but she does know how to write a good mystery, and that it isn't strictly one genre is interesting as well (Sci-fi/mystery, it was the first I had ever read like that.)

Return to “Discuss Authors”