James Patterson

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
SequesteredLeo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: James Patterson ^^

Post by SequesteredLeo »

Love James Patterson and his Alex Cross series!
fifthmayfly
Favorite Author: Rick Yancey
Favorite Book: The Hot Zone and Divergent Series
Currently Reading: The Wolf Princess
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fifthmayfly.html
fav_author_id: 3497

Post by fifthmayfly »

I love his books. Since the first book I'Ve read by him, I haven't read them in order, but they still make a lot of sense. They're complex yet so easy to follow and understand at the same time, which I love, and once I start reading I can't stop, the storyline just sucks me in.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I read the Maximum Ride series a few years ago, but I haven't read any of his other books. I didn't find the Maximum Ride series to be too bad, so I wouldn't be opposed to trying some of his other books.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
d0dridge
Favorite Author: Raymond Feist
Currently Reading: Ethics on the Ark
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d0dridge.html
Latest Review: "Aeon" by Peter Donovan

Post by d0dridge »

This is an old thread but as I just started and finished reading my first James Patterson I thought I would comment. I started reading 'Zoo' and got so disinterested that I bailed about a third of the way into it. Really not very gripping or engaging and it felt like reading a series of formulaic bullet points. Really disappointing as the story line seemed really interesting.

Maybe some day I will give it another go but I doubt it!
Latest Review: "Aeon" by Peter Donovan
smoran16
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smoran16.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by smoran16 »

As you can tell by the title, this post is about James Patterson. I want to know what book/series of his is your favorite and why! Also, who is your favorite character from a James Patterson book? Also, if applicable, which is your least favorite book/series of his?

I can honestly say that I am a huge fan of the Alex Cross series. I have only read the first two books, but I'm hooked. They're such fast paced books and they always have such unique plots! My favorite character, however, is Maximum Ride from the Maximum Ride series. My least favorite book of his is Zoo, because I really don't feel like it has the feel of his other books. Now it's your turn!
chyeahhitspeggy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chyeahhitspeggy.html

Post by chyeahhitspeggy »

There are not many authors that I feel the need to read all of their books, but Patterson is one of them. Every one of his books that I read has me on the edge of my seat, unable to stop reading. He gives his characters such great personalities that it's hard to want to put the book down.
andicakes9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andicakes9.html

Post by andicakes9 »

James Patterson is one of my favorite authors and really knows how to pull you into a story from the beginning. Stephen King on the other hand either is a hit or miss and takes 200-300 pages to get to the plot. I've read almost all of his Women's Murder Club series and some of his Alex Cross series, and both are really good. I guess it's just your preference but I recommend him to crime fiction/mystery lovers.
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I LOVE reading books by James Patterson! His Alex Cross and Women's Murder Club series are amazing reads! I have been hooked on him since my early teens because the way he writes brings characters to life! His books are full of mystery and character development.

-- 30 Apr 2016, 12:03 --

I LOVE reading books by James Patterson! His Alex Cross and Women's Murder Club series are amazing reads! I have been hooked on him since my early teens because the way he writes brings characters to life! His books are full of mystery and character development.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
Lezelle
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Lezelle »

I recently finish James Patterson - First Love. Its one of his best love stories so far. I am a huge fan and cant put the book down once i starts with it. Just a pity the ending is sad and i was in tears.
read4ever
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read4ever.html

Post by read4ever »

I am a huge Patterson fan! I think that his style is easy to follow and he (or his co-author) always has a way of hooking the reader immediately. I have every book that he has written...in fact these are some of the only books that I will not download because I like to have the actual hard copy to add to the collection.
Lezelle

Post by Lezelle »

read4ever - i totally agree with you
BookLover62395

Post by BookLover62395 »

I personally love James Patterson and his writing. I have read most of his novels, and I am obsessed with the Women's Murder Club series. It is funny, intense, thrilling, and truly great reads. Each story takes you on a different roller coaster of emotions. Just when you think the ride is over, another turn arises. I think James Patterson is a truly amazing author.
G Hein
Currently Reading: Revenge Of The Tide

Post by G Hein »

James Patterson is one of my all time favourite authors.
qsbookrec
Currently Reading: The Third Target

Post by qsbookrec »

Hello
I've read 5 James Patterson books. The stories were interesting, however the bad language was abit overdone. Many writers think adding cussing brings realism to their work. It is better to allow a reader use their own imagination.
JCSparkles

Post by JCSparkles »

I haven't read too many of his books. I've only read the two series he made based off of Maximum Ride and The Witch and the Wizard series. I honestly think he dragged both series on for much longer than needed. The Witch and the Wizard series was originally meant to be a trilogy but now you'll see that there is five books in the series, but I thought the ending to the third book was perfect and he should have left it at that. I actually loved the series until he made the fourth book. As for the Maximum Ride series, in my opinion, it wasn't too good to start with. He wasn't very good at dialogue and hadn't developed his characters well. The series had dragged on for eight books, but who knows? He might just make a ninth book at some point. I'm not really a fan of James Patterson.

Return to “Discuss Authors”