John Flanagan

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
AJ S
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aj-s.html

John Flanagan

Post by AJ S »

From the Rangers apprentice series to the Brotherband chronicles. John has made my reading experience fun.
thewalkingdead111

Post by thewalkingdead111 »

The Rangers Apprentice series is great! I hope he writes another.
Adurna101
Favorite Author: John Flanagan
Favorite Book: Hidden Empire
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adurna101.html
Latest Review: "Extinction" by Daleen Viljoen
fav_author_id: 4299

Post by Adurna101 »

Most certainly. He is above all, one of my absolute favourite authors. The way he has of interacting with the audience (the reader) and making them feel as if they're part of his epic, is truly unique. I once heard him spoke (around 2 years ago) at the Sydney Writers Festival, and it was absolutely fantastic! The way he talked about his series with such love was just fantastic! I listened with fascination as he described his writing process, and how he developed each character. Creating the Brotherband series was just a fantastic and amazing thing as well!!! He truly is one of my all time favourite authors.
LoremasterTappa
Favorite Author: Christie Golden
Favorite Book: Depends on the week
Currently Reading: War Crimes by Christie Golden
fav_author_id: 4515

Post by LoremasterTappa »

I keep the Ranger's Apprentice series on my desk at work. Never tire of rereading it. I can't seem to get into his Brotherband Chronicles. Then again, I had a lot going on when I tried to read the first one. It may be worth a second try.
"Without books as our anchors, we are cast adrift, neither teaching nor learning. They are windows on the past, mirrors on the present, and prisms reflected all possible futures. Books are lighthouses erected on the dark sea of time.”
― Greg Weisman
Erich_gray
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erich-gray.html

Post by Erich_gray »

I lvoe to read fantasy. I never heard of John Flanagan till I was given The Brother Band Chronicles as a Christmas gift. Now I am way beyond the young adult age, but John Flanagan drew me in. I went out and began looking for the Ranger Apprentice series and now have my girlfriends kids reading them. I look forward to seeing more from him. Awsome read..
Adurna101
Favorite Author: John Flanagan
Favorite Book: Hidden Empire
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adurna101.html
fav_author_id: 4299

Post by Adurna101 »

It's a shame that this thread doesn't have more posts. John Flanagan is truly one of the best authors that I have ever read, so much so, that I'm currently reading my girlfriend the Rangers Apprentice series. He just has this lovely humble, subtle way as he writes. He doesn't blast you in the face with 'fancy' language, rather it's down to earth, and truth english literary speak. I'm looking forward to what else he has up his sleeve.
Aim to Misbehave!

Check out my Reviews at; http://onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adurna101.html
DarkTrick
Favorite Author: Maria V. Snyder
Favorite Book: I am The Great Horse
Currently Reading: Allies and Assassins
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darktrick.html

Post by DarkTrick »

Ranger's Apprentice is one of my favorites that I love to come back to and read when I'm down. It's cut well, with a nice simple language that still engages the audience, and I love that. John Flanagan is a great artist, and I'm hedging to start on the first Brotherband book waiting on my shelf soon.
Erich_gray
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erich-gray.html

Post by Erich_gray »

Darktrick, You will love the Brotherband Chronicles. I was hooked. Becasue it was the first young adult book I read, It took me a page or two to get into it, but pushing aside the reader age, it then caught me and I was on my seat from beginning to tend, finishing the book in two days. I couldnt put it down. It does take place in Skandia so the story is a little reverse from the Ranger Apprentice as it takes place on the sea. You will love it.

Have fun reading it..

Erich
FAHenfrey
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahenfrey.html
Latest Review: "False Vacuum" by John Macgregor

Post by FAHenfrey »

I think that the success of Brotherband is amazing. Most authors who right a second series using the same world disappoint compared to the high expectations from the first one but I love Brotherband as much as the Ranger's Apprentice series. it says a lot for his talent that my favourite book is the 10th Ranger's Apprentice as it was still fresh and exciting with even more going on. John Flanagan is one author I hope never stops writing
Latest Review: "False Vacuum" by John Macgregor

Return to “Discuss Authors”