Tucker Max

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Rumsfeld
Bookshelf Size: 0

Tucker Max

Post by Rumsfeld »

Tucker Max is one of my favorite authors. I'm sure many would disagree with me but if there is anything I've learned from his books, it is that in life you should do whatever it is you want to do and make sure it is something that makes you happy. He is a prime example of that. With all his debauchery, cruel acts, and immoral behavior he still beat the publishing system and got his book #1 in the New York Times Bestseller list. That's impressive, no matter how you think he stands on the moral spectrum.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

I hated that book, nothing but an egotistical load of rubbish from a very very unpleasant young man, I couldnt see the fuss to be honest.
You only live once.....so live!
Rumsfeld

Post by Rumsfeld »

Everyone has their own opinion. I will say though that he has moved on from his former lifestyle, is in psychoanalysis therapy, and is with a steady girlfriend. That being said, the man changed my life. I wouldn't be the person today if it wasn't for his books and website.
Farrah456q

Post by Farrah456q »

I thought his books were really funny. Amy Asbury writes in a similar style and a lot of people think it is too offensive, but personally, I like those sorts of writers
Rumsfeld

Post by Rumsfeld »

Good suggestion. I'll check her out sometime.
EnjoiSkyler
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjoiskyler.html

Post by EnjoiSkyler »

I honestly do not appreciate him as an author, anyone can write a book these days. However, the book I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell was extremely funny IMO. I lived in N.C. at one point and could relate to the escapades on the campus of Chapel Hill....ah, youth.

Skyler
jsinard42
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
Favorite Book: The Host
Currently Reading: Revenge of the Witch
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsinard42.html
fav_author_id: 6470

Post by jsinard42 »

Regardless of my opinion of him as a human being and let me tell you, it's not good I do think he is a decent author. He created a product that wasn't very common, I mean how many books can we think of that are like his? It was actually the most interesting autobiography that I've read. Interesting and depraved.
Courtney Whittamore
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-whittamore.html
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Post by Courtney Whittamore »

While I think the exploits of Max could be categorized as a touch tacky, and that's putting it lightly, I still find his writing to be a guilty pleasure of mine. Even through the depravity and the obvious goal of a shock value, Max has still managed to take subjects that we would rather our parents never find out about ourselves and make an entire career out of it. Further, even in these most outlandish circumstances that the majority of us have never and will never find ourselves in, he has found a way for us to be able to relate to him and find the same humor in which he chooses to see his entire life. What I am most impressed with however is that while his humor may be cheap, he does not cheapen himself. He is still a very gifted writer and an intelligent self-marketer who found a niche that he was not only able to fill, but rise to the top of. His writing is not for the faint of heart or for those who are easily offended, but I think it's safe to say that Max would rather not have those types be followers of his anyway. I very much suggest reading his work as it will take you away from the monotony of regular life and into a circus of sexual encounters and leave you with lots of laughter and enjoyment in the process.
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Return to “Discuss Authors”