Anyone heard of D.J MacHale?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
TimeKeeperApprentice
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 6470

Anyone heard of D.J MacHale?

Post by TimeKeeperApprentice »

Anyone heard of him. I'm a great fan of Mr. MacHale, he wrote the Pendragon Series,the Morpheus Road Trilogy, and made a few shows I believe. Once of it was "Are You Afraid of the Dark?". Hope there are some fans or you heard, read, or watched some of his work.
Potter Fan Forever
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

I used to watch Are you afraid of the dark and the books the show was based on when I was younger. They were really good!
TimeKeeperApprentice
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
fav_author_id: 6470

Post by TimeKeeperApprentice »

Glad there's at least one fan T.T.
Potter Fan Forever
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

I think there was one - Be careful what you wish for, it was based on that old adage anyway and I remember thinking 'Man I'm really gonna have to give my wishes some deep thought now!' :lol:
thsavage2
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thsavage2.html
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday

Post by thsavage2 »

Yes! I was (and still am, despite what I thought was a weird ending) a huge fan of the Pendragon series. He does a fantastic job with the continuity of the series while still making a new world in each book. I loved Bobby and Loor and Spader! I've always thought the author should have gotten more credit for his series. I remember convincing my mom to buy me the hardcovers of these because I couldn't wait for the library to get them or for the paperbacks to come out. Saint Dane was also a great villain.
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday
Noeld
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noeld.html

Post by Noeld »

I liked the Pendragon series and the Morpheus Road trilogy. Interestingly enough, he lived (and may still live) in Manhattan Beach, where I went to school for a while. My elementary school had authors come talk to us every year, so the librarian somehow arranged for him to come to our school and that's when I started reading his books. He was actually a pretty cool guy.

Return to “Discuss Authors”