Lauren Oliver vs. Veronica Roth

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Courtney Whittamore
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-whittamore.html
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Lauren Oliver vs. Veronica Roth

Post by Courtney Whittamore »

When I was obsessing over Lauren Oliver and her youtube videos about her writing days and answering questions that her viewers had asked, I came across a video of her and Veronica Roth together being interviewed during a book tour they were doing in tandem. Oliver for the Delirium series and Roth for Divergent (both D series too! The similarities never cease!!) My mind was blown because their female characters are so similar in their understanding that they were different and pursued an avenue to understand themselves and simultaneously bring about change in their worlds. I loved that both of these amazing, and strong women authors wrote such strong, leading ladies, but then I began to compare the two series against one another and I am at a standstill as to which a like more. What are some of the similarities and differences seen in each and do you think that one is a rip off of the other or that they both stand on their own individually as completely original ideas?
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Return to “Discuss Authors”