Author Appreciation!

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
1mastephenson1
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Author Appreciation!

Post by 1mastephenson1 »

I, as an author, would like to thank the reviewers as well as my fellow authors for helping to make this site so awesome with so many books. It may be a small community, but people are able to find good books and discuss them which is what this is all about. The authors that come here seeking reviews sometimes find a haven for people enjoying their work. It's a nice feeling.

-- 26 Jul 2015, 23:45 --
nellooli
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nellooli »

Very thoughtful. As a new author on the block, I look forward to a great experience here
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

Thank you for a great website! I have found wonderful recommendations for books I might not have normally chosen. This is such a win-win situation for readers and authors.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

Oops, I'm sorry. One of the two books by AmyLynn that I haven't read is titled Out of Eternity. I called it something else in my post.
LivreAmour217
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Thank you to Scott, the authors, the Review Team, and everyone else who makes this site so wonderful. This website has been like an oasis in the desert to me, and I am so grateful that I found it!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
jessikaatchley
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessikaatchley.html

Post by jessikaatchley »

thank you for creating the site.
ashersb
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashersb.html

Post by ashersb »

I am learning to love this site. I just joined, and am already loving the book discussions. Thank you so much for the wonderful site that allows me to share my opinions about all the many books i love to read!!
bluemel4
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

I have picked up a few books based on the review teams recommendations! I also have a growing to-read list based reviews I have read on this site. The BOTM is a wonderful way to participate in the forum and I really enjoy when the book is from one of the independent authors that have graciously submitted their books to be reviewed by the site.

Thank you authors and review team! I really enjoy the site and getting to know everyone here. Thank you Scott.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
GJeannet1
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 27956">The Devil Take Tomorrow</a>
Currently Reading: A Devil of a Time
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by GJeannet1 »

Scott, I cannot say enough about the importance of your work for future generations. Appreciation for literature may be fading in our schools, but at OnlineBookClub it's alive and well. Perusing this site, discovering new stories and sharing views is always time well spent, whether you're a reader or an author. Like the woman said: “For all I know, writing comes out of a superior devotion to reading.” —Eudora Welty

My hat is off to you.
see_nicole_read
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Swamplandia!
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-nicole-read.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by see_nicole_read »

I just joined this site and am quickly loving it! Thank you!
ireakhavok
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by ireakhavok »

Thank you. I appreciate what you've done. I can't wait to utilize it more.
kimcormack
Favorite Author: C.S Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2960">Wild Thing</a>
Currently Reading: Sweet Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimcormack.html

Post by kimcormack »

Awesome site Scott :)
Levi
Favorite Author: S. Morgenstern ha ha
Favorite Book: Crik
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 542
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-levi.html
Latest Review: "The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana" by Katlynn Brooke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Levi »

I'm sure Scott appreciates the praise everyone, but he is looking for praise for authors that you have found by using the site, and stories about finding said authors to encourage authors that their time is well spent on the site. I love the site as well, like all of you, so let's encourage these authors. I'm reading the book of the month right now, and really enjoying Ian Yamagata's book so far, just as I enjoyed those previous ones by Pelagatti, Hale, and other authors as well. I would never have seen these books without this site!

-- 01 Aug 2015, 20:58 --

Oh and thank you for your participation, @kimcormack I will check out your book Sweet Sleep soon after seeing it here!!
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." —Ernest Hemingway
Latest Review: "The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana" by Katlynn Brooke
Chris_B
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-b.html

Post by Chris_B »

Thanks everyone for this awesome site!

I "discovered" this site yesterday and must admit that I'm very impressed. I'm always looking for something new to read and find the reviews very helpful and hope to start reviewing books myself soon. For me, part of the joy of reading a book, is sharing it with others. Sharing your opinion and hearing the opinions of others further enhances the experience of reading and growing as a person and this site offers us that and more.

Thank you to all the authors for the hours and days of enjoyment we get from reading your books and for giving us, the readers (and reviewers) the opportunity to give back to you by reviewing your books and sharing it with others.
Jena123

Post by Jena123 »

Thank you so much for this site ! I just signed up today, and I can't wait to get started.

Return to “Discuss Authors”