Official Review: Snooze: A Story of Awakening

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Official Review: Snooze: A Story of Awakening

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Snooze: A Story of Awakening" by Sol Luckman.]
Book Cover for 1961
Share This Review

Snooze: A Story of Awakening by Sol Luckman is a science-fiction novel about a boy who has strange dreams that actually happen. In this story, Max, the main character is faced with being the odd one out and constantly bullied by kids and teachers alike just because he is different, only in the midst of this bullying he finds relief with his father, a girl who is just as odd in her own way as he is and her mother.

Normally I would pass right by a book like this, the cover is unique, the story long, but I am glad that I have been given the opportunity to read it. You stay interested in the novel, however, it is not one of those stories that you love and fly though it, I found it to be a story I loved but had a natural slowness to it, if that makes any sense. I found it nearly impossible to rush through the story but it just felt right to read a few chapters at a time and then take a break to let what I read really sink in for a bit. I spent the better part of a month reading this book, more time than I usually take to read a book and upon finishing the story, I had a smile on my face wondering what happens next with Max and the adventure he embarked on.

The story is broken down into 4 parts. Part One, being Max as a young child realizing he is special and has a special gift, making friends and losing his father. Part Two, being Max as a young adult moving off to college, still dealing with the grief of losing his father, making another friend and discovering more about himself once he allows himself to move on. Part Three, is where it got interesting and somewhat boring for me. Max discovers that his father can be saved and decides that is what has to be done. Part three of the novel was very much complex and very deep in Max overcoming obstacles and embarking on a journey to not only save his father but to grow into something far more extraordinary than he ever imagined, as the story travels into part four, the last "stretch" if you will of Max's journey in time-space, the story winds to a close as Max gains new perspective and reaches new heights successfully rescuing his father and returning home.

The description in the story was astounding, it was so incredibly detailed you could really very easily picture everything and it was perfect. It was felt like the author took the reader on a journey with the main character, when they were happy you were happy when they were sad you were sad. Aside from descriptions and picturesque detail. The story included a lot of today's issues and presented an outlook on things that we to this day don't understand, such as "Big Foot" and the "Lochness Monster".

I rate Snooze: A Story of Awakening by Sol Luckman a 4 out of 4 stars as it was truly a story of awakening. This was the first novel I had ever read by Sol Luckman but I will certainly be reading more of his work now. I would recommend this to all readers as the story truly holds a lot. It was deep, it was humorous and it left nothing to be desired as far as detail and description goes, it was complex and very well thought out.

Buy "Snooze: A Story of Awakening" on Amazon
Buy "Snooze: A Story of Awakening" on Barnes and Noble

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”