Book Reviewers Wanted, Free Books (or $) for Honest Reviews

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Vivify
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Book Reviewers Wanted, Free Books for Honest Reviews

Post by Vivify »

Hi, all.

I've recently written an ebook, and have it for sale on my site as a downloadable PDF. How can I submit a free copy of my book to be reviewed?

Btw, if you still need book reviewers, I'm more than willing.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Vivify wrote:Hi, all.

I've recently written an ebook, and have it for sale on my site as a downloadable PDF. How can I submit a free copy of my book to be reviewed?

Btw, if you still need book reviewers, I'm more than willing.
http://onlinebookclub.org/review-requests/
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
marystolz

Post by marystolz »

• It's an interesting one.

Great idea, Thanks, kepp going on!
jamichelson

Post by jamichelson »

do you accept also foreigners for book reviews, or just English speakers? I like a lot the idea!
ParkerSM
Favorite Author: isobelle carmody
Favorite Book: Dracula by Bram Stoker
Currently Reading: The Shelters of Stone by Jean M Auel
fav_author_id: 16163

Post by ParkerSM »

Was having trouble sending a PM - kept telling me I was flagged a spam :( ...

Anyway

Hi Scott

I remember doing this type of work for a friend when I was in High School, and I still do it now for people who are writing university level assignments! I would love to have a try of this.

Currently, depending on the length of the book, I can do two books per month. I am happy to prepare a "test" review of the current book I am reading as an entry requirement, if necessary.

Also, I read quite often on my computer (as I have a secret love of Fan-Fiction! Eek! I know!! :oops: ) And then I have my smart phone (Samsung Galaxy S II, so a reasonable screen) and looking to purchase an e-reader with my next pay (after the bills are paid, of course), and last but not least, I do always enjoy paper-copied if it comes to that.

I understand that you've had quite a response to this post, so if nothing comes of it, no hard feelings. And I am also aware, the being at the bottom of the globe (New Zealand) might make things a little difficult.

Anyway, take care, and thank for putting the opportunity out there.

Cheers

- Selina
siddi
Favorite Author: j k rowling
Favorite Book: gone with the wind
Currently Reading: vanity fair
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siddi.html
Latest Review: "Senate Proof" by Logan Snyder

Post by siddi »

hello scott, I'm a new member ,and hope am not quite late for the response. I'd love to read and review the work of new writers. Also since right now i'm a stay at home house maker, i've lot of spare time. So i can pretty much read whatever is out there without any limitations. I've an ipod touch and i can also read the pdf copies. Hope I can join in, it'll be a great pastime for me.
Hope you can include me.
Cheers
Sid
Latest Review: "Senate Proof" by Logan Snyder
jennabrooke7

Post by jennabrooke7 »

hi i would really love to review now books. i could probably review a couple of books a month. i have an aluratek ereader so i am fine with digital copies. i think this is a really good idea and would be happy to contribute.
JCorza

Post by JCorza »

excellent, I liked the idea.
JamieCrothall

Post by JamieCrothall »

I just joined and submitted my book for review, so it's only fair that I review someone else's, right?
Sign me up and set me up!
candorgroup

Post by candorgroup »

take the Honest Reviews
TERARMT

Post by TERARMT »

Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great blog like this one nowadays.
jamesdeser

Post by jamesdeser »

It is greatly preferred that you have an ereader because the review copies will generally be in digital format. You can read ebooks on a computer or smart phone if you do not mind, but I personally never enjoyed doing that before I had my Nook. The review copies will generally be in digital format simply because it essentially costs the author/publisher nothing to give a copy of book to us in digital format. Of course, you will be expected to respect the copyrights of the book and not share your free copy with anyone else.
jamesdeser

Post by jamesdeser »

My Review: Having read The Shape of Mercy I was excited at the opportunity to read another Susan Meissner story. This story followed the story of Susannah Page and her influence in the life of Marielle Bishop today. I enjoyed the characters in this story, especially Adelaide, at 90 she was still sharp as they come and making Confederate soldier uniforms for re-enactments. Yet she carried a heavy burden from the past. As her grandson-in-law remarries and brings his new wife home to Holly Oak.
b_marie

Post by b_marie »

I have reviewed books for the last year. I would love to be able to review your book, because I love reading books from new authors.
Bakarne

Post by Bakarne »

Is a love of learning, good

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”