Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Suggestion Box

Facebook "like"

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

If you have a question or problem regarding the review team system, whether as author or a reviewer, please use the private contact forum.

Facebook "like"

Post Number:#1  Postby Margarita » 23 May 2011, 19:48

A facebook "like" button will get attention from friends. Just a thought.
Margarita

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#2  Postby Gatsby'sGreenLight » 23 May 2011, 20:44

I was just thinking this the other day :)
Gatsby'sGreenLight

Post Number:#3  Postby Melaniep » 23 May 2011, 20:49

I would like it!
Melaniep

Post Number:#4  Postby Butterbescotch » 24 May 2011, 00:30

I think that is great idea. :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately, the owner of the forum is busy.
Butterbescotch

Post Number:#5  Postby Jacob » 24 May 2011, 04:06

Yeah, he isn't really on anymore.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." - Dean Koontz
Jacob

Post Number:#6  Postby StephenKingman » 24 May 2011, 10:45

You could always "tell a friend" about the forum as it suggests in the homepage, that way might spread a bit more attention on the forum. Facebook is a long way off i suspect from this forum.
You only live once.....so live!
StephenKingman

Post Number:#7  Postby Margarita » 28 May 2011, 20:48

StephenKingman wrote:You could always "tell a friend" about the forum as it suggests in the homepage, that way might spread a bit more attention on the forum. Facebook is a long way off i suspect from this forum.

Sorry but that's not even close to facebook like.
Margarita

Post Number:#8  Postby Jacob » 28 May 2011, 23:43

Margarita wrote:
StephenKingman wrote:You could always "tell a friend" about the forum as it suggests in the homepage, that way might spread a bit more attention on the forum. Facebook is a long way off i suspect from this forum.

Sorry but that's not even close to facebook like.

Sorry but that's the best thing you a facebook like you'll get on this forum right now.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." - Dean Koontz
Jacob

Post Number:#9  Postby Discountcode46 » 06 Jul 2011, 02:32

really its a wake up alram button for friends and also encourages them with our likes
Discountcode46

Post Number:#10  Postby Scott » 08 Jul 2011, 10:17

I think this Facebook like button idea is great. I have added a like button to the top of the page on the homepage of the forums and on the view-forum pages. I have also added a thread-specific like button next to the post reply button for each individual thread.
Did you know ALynnPowers wrote books? I sure as naughty word didn't. Check it out!

"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Exquisite Rebel
Currently Reading: In the Country of the Young
Bookshelf Size: 118 books
Reading Device: Nook Simple

Post Number:#11  Postby StephenKingman » 09 Jul 2011, 12:48

Scott wrote:I think this Facebook like button idea is great. I have added a like button to the top of the page on the homepage of the forums and on the view-forum pages. I have also added a thread-specific like button next to the post reply button for each individual thread.

Thats a great addition to the forum, Scott and will hopefully attract even more users to our buzzing community. Thanks :D
You only live once.....so live!
StephenKingman

Post Number:#12  Postby Moore » 10 Jul 2011, 08:44

Why not to have the same buttons everywhere on forums, chats and so on? It would be a great idea to share your preferances with the other people.
Moore

Re: Facebook "like"

Post Number:#13  Postby jacobm10 » 01 Jun 2012, 04:31

Today when you look at Facebook and the groups or fan pages that exist on the site, you will find that every popular brand is there so this is the time of Social networking Sites.
jacobm10