• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are already a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join by registering now! It's quick, easy and completely free!

why can't i set my signature?

Put your comments, suggestions, and questions about the forums here. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.

why can't i set my signature?

Post Number:#1  Postby Xizanghummer » 07 Feb 2011, 02:16

the website reported "incorrect in sig field" all the time, even i inputed plain text like "aaaaaaaaa"...
any one know what happened here?
Xizanghummer

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: why can't i set my signature?

Post Number:#2  Postby StephenKingman » 07 Feb 2011, 11:47

Xizanghummer wrote:the website reported "incorrect in sig field" all the time, even i inputed plain text like "aaaaaaaaa"...
any one know what happened here?

You need to have at least 50 posts before you can set a signature, its to stop spammers filling up the site with rubbish and show you are a genuine contributor. I am not mad about people here who have a website or blog in their signature as its a forum at the end of the day, not a shop. A signature should be a quote or a saying.
You only live once.....so live!
StephenKingman

Post Number:#3  Postby ParkerSM » 19 Mar 2012, 16:28

Hey there! Do we think we can change the FAQ to reflect this rule, because I was looking at my Control Panel like I was a bit special or something. Thought it was me that was having issues! Cheers!
ParkerSM

Favorite Author: Isobelle Carmody
Favorite Book: Dracula by Bram Stoker

Post Number:#4  Postby Scott » 03 Apr 2012, 22:15

There is a notice on the signature page that it cannot be set until you have made 25 posts.

I think it is 25 now not 50.
Online Book Club ~ Tell your friends!

"Only the descent into the hell of self-knowledge can pave the way to godliness." -Immanuel Kant
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck