Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Suggestion Box

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Re:Taking a leave

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

If you have a question or problem regarding the review team system, whether as author or a reviewer, please use the private contact forum.

Re:Taking a leave

Post Number:#1 by Disneyland
» 14 Mar 2017, 22:05

I have been using your website regularly since 11th of Feb,@017. What are the formalities to go through in order to take a beak of one and a half months from this work?(which will be only in case I need to do it).
Will I lose my reviewer score? I currently have a post count of more than 5 posts(i.e 8 posts) on forum and I want to come back and join again.
Disneyland

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Re:Taking a leave

Post Number:#2 by gali
» 14 Mar 2017, 23:11

Disneyland wrote:I have been using your website regularly since 11th of Feb,@017. What are the formalities to go through in order to take a beak of one and a half months from this work?(which will be only in case I need to do it).
Will I lose my reviewer score? I currently have a post count of more than 5 posts(i.e 8 posts) on forum and I want to come back and join again.

You can take a break from reviewing anytime you want.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: The Lie Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1611 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 36%

Post Number:#3 by Disneyland
» 15 Mar 2017, 00:43

Thank you!Will inform dates when decided. Right now, I want to continue with the Giveaway enrollment.
Disneyland

Currently Reading:

Post Number:#4 by Mark Johnson
» 18 Mar 2017, 09:54

Just an FYI your reviewer score will go down automaticily if you are not doing the daily BOTD social sharing bonus points. I stopped doing the BOTD due to busy family/work schedule and saw my reviewer score drop from 56 down to now 42.
Mark Johnson's Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner
Mark Johnson

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#5 by Scott
» 18 Mar 2017, 13:42

Mark Johnson wrote:Just an FYI your reviewer score will go down automaticily if you are not doing the daily BOTD social sharing bonus points. I stopped doing the BOTD due to busy family/work schedule and saw my reviewer score drop from 56 down to now 42.

@"Mark Johnson", that's true. But the lookback is only 5 days, so the score would go right back up as soon the member starts sharing the BOTD again.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Publishing Contest ~ 960 Votes ~ View Scott's Entry
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 186 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Nook Simple
2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
Goal Completion: 11%

Post Number:#6 by Disneyland
» 28 Mar 2017, 05:38

This is to request you that I want a leave from using your website from 16th April,2017 to the 7th of June,2017.
I will try to join you back 1 or 2 weeks earlier to 7th of June. I want to know that will I retain my reviewer's score in this case, or will I have to make a fresh start?(I presently have more than 10 post counts on forum, for which minimum 5 post counts were needed.)

-- 28 Mar 2017, 05:41 --

This is to request you that I want a leave from using your website from 16th April,2017 to the 7th of June,2017.
I will try to join you back 1 or 2 weeks earlier to 7th of June. I want to know that will I retain my reviewer's score in this case, or will I have to make a fresh start?(I presently have more than 10 post counts on forum, for which minimum 5 post counts were needed.)
Disneyland

Currently Reading:

Post Number:#7 by CatInTheHat
» 28 Mar 2017, 06:34

Disneyland wrote:Thank you!Will inform dates when decided. Right now, I want to continue with the Giveaway enrollment.

I really don't think you notify anyone when you're taking a break from doing reviews. Just don't accept one that you don't have time to do.
CatInTheHat's Latest Review: "The Judas Effect" by Loraine Tulleken
CatInTheHat

Currently Reading: Hilbilly Elegy
Bookshelf Size: 382 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 21%

Post Number:#8 by Disneyland
» 28 Mar 2017, 07:54

Received the information. Thank you!
Disneyland