Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Suggestion Box

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Lost, need help

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

If you have a question or problem regarding the review team system, whether as author or a reviewer, please use the private contact forum.

Lost, need help

Post Number:#1 by Bookworm39
» 21 Feb 2017, 22:07

I am new to this site. Where do I go to read a book and then review it? This is confusing to me. Do I pick a book and then review it?
Bookworm39

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 6%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Lost, need help

Post Number:#2 by gali
» 22 Feb 2017, 00:12

Welcome!

You need to join the review team first. Please read the FAQ for more details. :tiphat:
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: When Eight Bells Toll
Bookshelf Size: 1595 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
Goal Completion: 22%

Post Number:#3 by Bookworm39
» 22 Feb 2017, 01:42

I did read that and when I went to the site, I didn't see anyplace to click on a book to read.
Bookworm39

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#4 by gali
» 22 Feb 2017, 05:47

Bookworm39 wrote:I did read that and when I went to the site, I didn't see anyplace to click on a book to read.

You have to join the Review team and have at least 5 meaningful posts before you can see it. The books will be on your RT page.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: When Eight Bells Toll
Bookshelf Size: 1595 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
Goal Completion: 22%

Post Number:#5 by Bookworm39
» 23 Feb 2017, 14:31

I can pick any 5 books that I want to read and write a review on even if it is not on here.
Bookworm39

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#6 by Gravy
» 23 Feb 2017, 20:54

I would suggest joining in some of the existing topics. This will give you the post count and help you get acquainted with the site. If you do choose to post reviews, please know that new members aren't allowed to open threads for books with low sales ranks on Amazon (this rule can be found in the Anti-Spam thread in this forum, specifically rule #8), and that duplicated topics will be locked or deleted. A site search can be found here so you can check to see if a book or topic has already had a thread opened for it :tiphat:

Welcome and good luck :good-luck-smiley:
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves

Favorite Author: Too Many To List
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Undine
Bookshelf Size: 844 books
2017 Reading Goal: 60 Books
Goal Completion: 28%