Book Review Selections

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Randomgold
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randomgold.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Book Review Selections

Post by Randomgold »

I haven't been a reviewer here for very long, but I've already noticed a slight problem with the book selection system for the review team. There is no way to remove a book from the selection list. You either have to accept it or let it sit there indefinitely, even if there was already a review published for said book. There should be a way to actively remove a book that there is no need to review, or the reviewer simply has no interest in, and would rather see other options instead. Removing a book in this way could present the reviewer with other options, or simply remove the book from his/her list. Either way works, since even just removing a book can declutter a reviewer's list, giving them a better view of books they would be more interested in reviewing.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Is more than one review of a book allowed? I guess I thought there could be multiple reviews of the same book.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Randomgold wrote:I haven't been a reviewer here for very long, but I've already noticed a slight problem with the book selection system for the review team. There is no way to remove a book from the selection list. You either have to accept it or let it sit there indefinitely, even if there was already a review published for said book. There should be a way to actively remove a book that there is no need to review, or the reviewer simply has no interest in, and would rather see other options instead. Removing a book in this way could present the reviewer with other options, or simply remove the book from his/her list. Either way works, since even just removing a book can declutter a reviewer's list, giving them a better view of books they would be more interested in reviewing.
You wouldn't be able to see other options even if there was a way to remove a book from your list. The way it works is there is a complete list. If you are at a lower level, you will only see certain books and, depending on your level, there will be a delay in seeing other books. Basically, the high-level reviewers get first dibs on the higher-paid books and the lower level reviewers don't get to see those books at all. There is an explanation about this in the Review Team section.

If you have already reviewed a book, it will usually not be on the list anymore. The only time it will remain on the list if if the author has requested additional reviews for the book.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”