Preventing Double Posts

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

awelker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Preventing Double Posts

Post by awelker »

Okay lately when you go to post a reply or something it tells you page could not be found. that means that your post was posted but the page is just being retarted. so don't do it again, please. but if it shows up critical error than that means it wasn't posted so you have to re-doit.

just letting you know.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Thanks Alli

I have to admit, the technical problems with this board over the past few days have been driving me positively batty!
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

lifelongreader

Post by lifelongreader »

I have been getting this too - it is a bit odd.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

It's my SQL web host, Netfirms. Overall, their web hosting is good, but their SQL hosting is horrible (which is what this board requires).

I sent them an angry email about a week ago complaining, but they just said that they'll look into it.

I think what they do is oversell their hosting and then put limitations on it, so that anytime anyone makes more than a few requests in a minute it will error out. Thus, customers (such as myself) never can get all the hosting we paid for.

Anyway, I'm signed up with them until the middle of June. I'll keep them until then, but I'm not going to renew my plan with them. I'm going to find a host that has a good reputation for serving PHP/SQL.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

That sucks that you've paid for service and it's crappy!
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

lifelongreader

Post by lifelongreader »

Hi Scott,

you are doing a great job with the site - we are just pointing out a few problems.

I hope the new web host is more reliable.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Update: We've moved to the new host. This will get rid of all those annoying errors. In fact, the host guarantees 99.9% uptime. Additionally, this host has always seemed significantly faster to me.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
knightss

Post by knightss »

awesome =) i guess that's why the site was down
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”