Addendums to original posts

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

DennisK
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: Light in August
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisk.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 3559

Addendums to original posts

Post by DennisK »

When I respond to a thread, and then two weeks later post another response, while my previous response is still the last post, it is treated as an addendum to my original post. The problem is, my last post is not treated as current activity, and it is archived to the date of the original response. The aging logic for each post should use the date of the last post or addendum. Either that, or any post made after one day, should be treated as a separate post.
DATo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

I am very confused by your post. The look on my face at the moment is exactly the look on your dog's face in your picture.

My addendums are treated as new posts .... what am I missing here?
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
DennisK

Post by DennisK »

Strange, my addendums do not make the string current – nor are they dated as such. Could I be doing something wrong?
Here is an example:

Official Review: Stan by Richard Wold
by ALynnPowers » 23 Jun 2016, 01:49 in Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books
last post = by DennisK 03 Aug 2016, 10:30

If you go to the last post on this string, you will see my addendum to 03 Aug 2016 post which is dated 19 Aug 2016. It did not update the last post date, and it did not cause the string to be placed in the NEW POST category. This has happened to me several times before. The problem is that if I want to solicit further discussion within this thread, my comments are hidden in an archived database.
:eusa-think: Oh dear oh dear!
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I know what you mean.
If your last post was long enough ago, you do have the option of "bumping" the topic. I'm not sure how much time has to pass :eusa-think:

If you go to the thread and scroll to the very bottom, there's a gray bar with links in it. The first takes you to the main forums, the second will subscribe you to the topic, the third will bookmark the topic, and, if enough time has passed, a forth will show which will bump the topic :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
DennisK

Post by DennisK »

:wine: Thanks, Gravy. I gave it a 'bump' and received: “You cannot bump this topic so soon after the last post.” But Lo And Behold, it is now in NEW POST. The code is acting a bit strange, but at least there is a work-around. Thanks again.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

You're welcome :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.