Reviewing books from another country

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Daret Koudenkova
Currently Reading: Elizabeth I
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daret-koudenkova.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Reviewing books from another country

Post by Daret Koudenkova »

Hello everyone ! I have just subscribed and was wondering if it was mandatory for me to live in the US to be able to review books? How does it work if I live in Canada? Does anyone have any experience with this? Thank you ! :D.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

It is not mandatory that you live in the US. We have many members and many reviewers from all over the world. :)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Daret Koudenkova

Thank you so much ! Can't wait to get started :D
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I live in Japan and have no trouble at all!

Many authors on the site are from the UK, Australia, Canada, or India... we've pretty much got every time zone covered!
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

I know that reviewers come from all around the world but this topic made me wonder, has anyone ever heard of a reviewer unable to download a kindle gift or copy of a book because of restrictions on their country's internet?

I know Amazon has different sub-websites for different countries (for example, amazon.jp versus amazon.com) but I would assume that no matter which link you use, the product should be the same, correct?
Daret Koudenkova

This is an interesting question! I think all links are supposed to work. Are you having trouble downloading your copies?
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

No, but I'm in America using Amazon.com and reviewing books in English. I was just wondering because I think it would be unfair to those who want to review but are unable to. :)
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

katiesquilts wrote:I know that reviewers come from all around the world but this topic made me wonder, has anyone ever heard of a reviewer unable to download a kindle gift or copy of a book because of restrictions on their country's internet?

I know Amazon has different sub-websites for different countries (for example, amazon.jp versus amazon.com) but I would assume that no matter which link you use, the product should be the same, correct?
That's a good point! I personally haven't had that problem. Yet. Oh, no! I hope I haven't just jinxed it!!!

But I still get all my books from the US site... but my kindle is international and registered to Japan. It's very confusing. I'm sure something crazy will happen at some point. Darn.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”