Books read here

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Re: Books read here

Post by Scott »

Unfortunately, we have no control over what people post on Amazon. Also, regardless of the name displayed on an Amazon review or what is said in the review, they are anonymous and can be posted by anyone and can easily be posted by impersonators. These issues can be discussed in the topic, Do You Trust Amazon Reviews?

The reviewer in question never had an official OnlineBookClub.org review of your book published. If he is indeed doing such inconsistent reviewing, it is no surprise the editors flagged his review prior to publication and thus it was never published. He was a volunteer reviewer who was very new to the team doing his first one or two reviews, and it didn't work out.

The 'review' you saw and screen-shoted was not an official OnlineBookClub.org review. It was only two sentences and was posted as reply to a different topic. As Gali said, anyone can post a reply or add a book with a certain rating to their Bookshelves. Those aren't official reviews.

When you submit a message through the Author Dashboard, it includes more technical details and I will respond by email when it comes up in the queue. An estimated response time should be listed when you submit the message through the Author Dashboard.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
mickie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mickie »

Gali, You were kind :) and I appreciate that. Reminds me of why I joined. Thank you!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

mickie wrote:Gali, You were kind :) and I appreciate that. Reminds me of why I joined. Thank you!
You are most welcome. :)

Thank you Scott. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
mickie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mickie »

Thank you for telling me there is nothing in place to prevent this. And his name does trace back to Online Book Club and to Twitter, where you follow him. And the screenshot was not posted as a reply to a different topic - you saw it when you removed it. He titled it 'Official Review' so please don't say that. I understand now that it wasn't an official review but he called it one.

My question is finally answered - people that sign up to review here can go to Amazon and post anything there. You have nothing in place to stop that. It would have been nice if someone would have talked to me instead of ignoring me. And I can't tell you why, but I submitted a message through the Dashboard and got no estimated response time. I explained that to you before and you didn't explain why I didn't get that nor talk me through what steps you thought I should take. I have only heard silence from you and the Review Team off the Dashboard.

-- 10 Feb 2016, 19:09 --

In conclusion, he has since changed the name he uses for reviewing on Amazon, and he is either gone from Twitter or changed his name there so I'm guessing he saw this. And let me repeat the most crucial part of his review: he said he received it for free. My book is not available for free anywhere - only here requesting a review. The through-line is clear and I would appreciate not being shined on about that.

There is nothing to prevent this from happening. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”