Bookshelves % Completed - After Formula Change

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Bookshelves % Completed - After Formula Change

Post by bookowlie »

Since the scoring formula change, I noticed that my Bookshelves % Completed (toward 2016 Reading Goal) has been lower than it should be. The figure is showing 5% completed while it should be almost 8%. The figure had been correct all along before the formula change, even though this Reading Goal is totally separate from the things that go into the Review Team scoring formula.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Did it go down or is it just not as high as it should be?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

It stayed the same at 5 percent, even though it should have gone up to almost 8%.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Which books did you add as read since it was 5% that should have but didn't cause it to go up?

-- 15 Jan 2016 05:04 pm --

And when you look at the book's page, what does it say for 'time marked read'? Or does it not show that?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

@Scott Here is a list of all the books I've added since Jan 1 and when they were "marked read."

Marked Read Title
Jan. 5, 1:26 AM Achieve Your Dreams ** this book was read before the New Year, but added to my Shelves on 1/5
Jan. 5, 9:30 AM Winter Light
** see note Ripples Through Time - Official Review - ** listed as already read with a rating, BUT says "added to
shelves 6 days ago," NOT marked read 6 days ago" (in the section where Marked Read should be)
5 days ago Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
** see note Motions and Moments - Official Review - ** listed as already read with a rating, BUT says "added to
shelves 2 days ago,"NOT marked read 2 days ago" (in the section where Marked Read should be)

Now that I listed all the books, here's what I think the problem is -
The two books that were automatically added once I submitted the Official Review are listed with the particular rating. However, they are showing as "added" 2 or 6 days ago on the line where the books I added mysef say "marked read" with a time. Hope this makes sense. :) So....based on the books added after the New Year, there should be 5 books reading toward a reading goal of 52 - 9.6% completed. The percentage showing up for my username is 5% and that's the same percentage that was listed last weekend.

-- 18 Jan 2016, 23:28 --

Thanks Scott for fixing this a few days ago! You are an uber-computer geek - I mean that in the best possible way. :)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”