Email Verification Help

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Re: Email Verification Help

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

Hi Scott. I tried using the Gmail account, but it didn't work so I changed it back to my mail.com account.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

@"Cee-Jay Aurinko" Can you switch back to gmail? I believe I can get it to work for you with gmail.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

@scott

Cool! I'm on it.

-- 14 Jan 2016, 14:30 --

It worked! Scott, you're awesome!
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
reading-is-awesome
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-is-awesome.html

Post by reading-is-awesome »

I'm getting the email and doing what it says but it keeps sayin I haven't verified my email
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

reading-is-awesome wrote:I'm getting the email and doing what it says but it keeps sayin I haven't verified my email
@reading-is-awesome I'm sorry for the trouble. What happens exactly when you click the link in the email? What's the next thing you see after clicking the link? Is there any kind of success or error message?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

agreenwood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agreenwood.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by agreenwood »

I am having trouble verifying my email address. I have gone through step number 4. I have even gone into the settings and manged my filter rules to remove any possible filter than would not allow me to receive the email. I will just wait to see if it comes through later this evening. Any suggestions other than waiting? I only have 1 other personal email address that I could switch to and it is from college that I do not necessarily use very often. Thank you for any help!
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

agreenwood wrote:I am having trouble verifying my email address. I have gone through step number 4. I have even gone into the settings and manged my filter rules to remove any possible filter than would not allow me to receive the email. I will just wait to see if it comes through later this evening. Any suggestions other than waiting? I only have 1 other personal email address that I could switch to and it is from college that I do not necessarily use very often. Thank you for any help!
The best suggestion I have is to move on to step 5 and contact your email provider. You can let me know what they say.

Unfortunately, I cannot make your email provider give the emails to you. They are being sent to the email address associated with your account.

agreenwood
Currently Reading:

Post by agreenwood »

I created a gmail account to switch to, but am unable to update it myself due to being a new member (as verified in a previous post) could you please update for me so I can verify? My new address is [removed for member's privacy :)]
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Sure @agreenwood I just updated it.

agreenwood
Currently Reading:

Post by agreenwood »

Thank you Scott, it worked!!
veg_8
Currently Reading: Infected
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veg-8.html

Post by veg_8 »

How do I change my email? I don't think my comcast email is working for the verification code. Unless if I need to wait 3 days to gain access to the Review Team. It says I have to be a registered user for 3 days to create my profile, so I'm not sure if that applies to get access to everything else, too.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

veg_8 wrote:How do I change my email? I don't think my comcast email is working for the verification code. Unless if I need to wait 3 days to gain access to the Review Team. It says I have to be a registered user for 3 days to create my profile, so I'm not sure if that applies to get access to everything else, too.
You change your email via your user control panel. But as a new member, you may not be able to and may have to contact Scott about it :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
veg_8
Currently Reading: Infected
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veg-8.html

Post by veg_8 »

Gravy wrote:
veg_8 wrote:How do I change my email? I don't think my comcast email is working for the verification code. Unless if I need to wait 3 days to gain access to the Review Team. It says I have to be a registered user for 3 days to create my profile, so I'm not sure if that applies to get access to everything else, too.
You change your email via your user control panel. But as a new member, you may not be able to and may have to contact Scott about it :tiphat:
Thank you! I guess I'll wait the 3 days & see if I can change the email then because I saw on the control panel that it says I can change it but there isn't a way. Will waiting negatively impact me, though? I saw I got -10 points for not having a valid email because I'm not getting the verification link.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

veg_8 wrote:
Gravy wrote:
Thank you! I guess I'll wait the 3 days & see if I can change the email then because I saw on the control panel that it says I can change it but there isn't a way. Will waiting negatively impact me, though? I saw I got -10 points for not having a valid email because I'm not getting the verification link.
I changed your email for you. Good luck! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Camille2020
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille2020.html

Post by Camille2020 »

I've done everything I can. I have a Knology e-mail which is weird for most people. I even tried changing my e-mail on current account but OnlineBookCLub wasn't taking it. Please Help!

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”