Private Review Team Forum Question

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

MsMartha
Currently Reading: Collected Works of Algernon Blackwood (Unabridged)
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmartha.html
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Private Review Team Forum Question

Post by MsMartha »

Is there something I need to do? When I try to go to the Private Review Team Forum, I'm told "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

You would have to join the Review Team to have access to the Private Review Team Forum. The Review Team consists of the members who writing official reviews of books from the review book list. If you go to the RT link listed at the top of the page, you can follow the instructions about how to join.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

:text-yeahthat: 8)
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-yeahthat: 8)

Also, you can only read your own reviews on the Private Review Team Forum.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

:text-yeahthat:
gali wrote::text-yeahthat: 8)

Also, you can only read your own reviews on the Private Review Team Forum.
:text-yeahthat:
MsMartha

Post by MsMartha »

Thanks to all for your info--I have joined the Review Team, although just a couple of weeks ago--but I can access the Select link (not paid reviews yet ;-) and my score is slowly increasing. (bookowlie, you helped me with a question a few days ago about the download process...) Haven't actually selected a review yet--I was finishing up Christmas projects. If the only things you can see on the Private Review Team Forum are your own reviews, then that might explain it since I haven't selected yet. That being said, I plan to do it in the next day or so.
karigirl84
Currently Reading: World War Z
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karigirl84.html

Post by karigirl84 »

I have just joined also and am completing my first review. I am having trouble finding where to post my review as I can't find the private forum, could you possible shed any light since you have had some luck? Thanks.
MsMartha

Post by MsMartha »

karigirl84 wrote:I have just joined also and am completing my first review. I am having trouble finding where to post my review as I can't find the private forum, could you possible shed any light since you have had some luck? Thanks.
Welcome--I think you'll enjoy this site!

There are basically two ways to post reviews. You can join the Review Team, which has a process for choosing, reading, and reviewing a book, or you can post a review on the forums. There's lots of FAQ info that should be helpful. I would also suggest that you read some of the reviews that are already posted, as well as various topics--that's how I found out some information, and got a sense of how things work on this site. I'm still learning ;-)
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

karigirl84 wrote:I have just joined also and am completing my first review. I am having trouble finding where to post my review as I can't find the private forum, could you possible shed any light since you have had some luck? Thanks.
Hi and welcome to the forums. If you look at the FAQ"s, there is a section called Review Team and a link that discusses how to join the Review Team. The Review Team is a group of members that receives books in exchange for posting Official Reviews. Please note that there are specific guidelines for posting an Official Review. Once you join the Review Team, you can read the instructions for accepting a book in return for an Official Review. You get to keep the book for free and, in some cases, you also receive a payment for review.

If you just want to post a review that's not an official one, go to the subforum "Reviews and Discussions About Specific Books and Series." You can post an unofficial review of any book in the related genre. Be careful to avoid duplication of a book that has already been discussed - in those cases, just post a reply to the topic already created for that book.
OTelia35
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otelia35.html

Post by OTelia35 »

Hi.. I have already join the RT... in fact, I am currently working on my first review as a RT member. And I am working hard to follow the steps and tips that are laid out for me and the rest of the community to follow.. But I too am having issues accessing Private Review Team Forum.. It keeps saying I have no permission to access this...

In the directions it states: once completed with writing the review go to Private Review Team Forum to post the review and then go back to update and mark it as review.. But when I go to forum and click on the Private Review Team Forum I keep getting the above message... Am I missing a step... am I suppose to contact someone first.. please help.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

OTelia35 wrote:Hi.. I have already join the RT... in fact, I am currently working on my first review as a RT member. And I am working hard to follow the steps and tips that are laid out for me and the rest of the community to follow.. But I too am having issues accessing Private Review Team Forum.. It keeps saying I have no permission to access this...

In the directions it states: once completed with writing the review go to Private Review Team Forum to post the review and then go back to update and mark it as review.. But when I go to forum and click on the Private Review Team Forum I keep getting the above message... Am I missing a step... am I suppose to contact someone first.. please help.
@OTelia35 My best bet is that you haven't updated the status on the Review Team Page to state that you have finished the book and are writing the review. You generally wouldn't have been given access to that forum if the current status of the review request is 'still reading'.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
OTelia35

Post by OTelia35 »

ooo.ok.. thanks Scott.. I think that step should be added within the guidelines... because unless someone like myself ask, newbie members like myself would not have known to go back into status once finish reading.. to continue on with completing the task. So.. thank u.. hugs
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

Hi OTelia,
There are two sub-forums on the forums page that sounds alike - Review Team Page and Private Review Team Forum. The best advice I can give you is to pay more attention to the Review Team Page. It's the one that shows up first on the forums when you are logged in. That's where you can select a book for review and also where you would update the status of the book when you finish the book and are ready to submit the review. if you click on Update, you will be asked if you finished the book. Then there will be a link that takes you to the Private Review Forum (you might have to click Update again for this step). Then click on New Topic and submit your review. After you finish doing that, go again to the Review Team page and click Update again. You will have to check the box for the particular rating you gave the book. If the book is a paid review, you will also have to write an ending blurb in the box below the rating. The ending blurb gets approved by the author as proof you read the entire book. There are instructions on the page about what to include in the ending blurb.

So....just pay attention to the Review Team Page Update link since it will contain a link to submit the review on the Private Review Forum. The Private Review Forum is a traditional type of forum where other members post. It's really a place where your reviews "pass through" while being processed. Once your review is published, it will be moved out of that forum. The only Official Reviews that stay there indefinitely are the ones where the reviews is delivered privately and not published, at the author's request.
OTelia35

Post by OTelia35 »

hugs.. bookowlie... for this very detailed reply..... very useful and does help me eliminate some of the confusion that I found myself in, while working on my first review... Knowing the process and the steps like this... helps.. thanks.. very much.
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

You're most welcome. For people that have been reviewing a while, the steps become second nature. I am sure, to a newbie, it is overwhelming. All I know is I have to keep using that Update link a few times when submitting the review. Here's another tip to make sure everything went through properly - after you submit the review, the Select button should be on the left side instead of the Update button. If you still see the Update button, then you need to check what you overlooked.

Good luck!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”