Paid for Review Request via paypal but still saying unpaid

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

VictoriaR
Currently Reading: Thrones, Dominations
Bookshelf Size: 5

Paid for Review Request via paypal but still saying unpaid

Post by VictoriaR »

Hi,
Sorry to harass you but when I click on Main contact page it just takes me to the Review Request page where it asks me to make the payment. I've already sent two payments via paypal for this book, and have received confirmation emails from Paypal. Yet the Request page says my review request can't go live since I still need to send a payment.
The book is Come on Home Children by Victoria Randall.
thank you.
Victoria
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I am sorry for your troubles. Please contact @"Scott" here or pm him about this issue and he will take care of it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
VictoriaR
Currently Reading: Thrones, Dominations
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by VictoriaR »

Thank you, Gali, for your response. But the link you provide only takes me to the Author Dashboard, where it says I must make a payment to have my request accepted. I'm not sure how to PM anyone but will look into it tomorrow.
At the bottom of the page is another link to "contact Scott," which returns me to the same page. Slightly maddening.
gali

Post by gali »

VictoriaR wrote:Thank you, Gali, for your response. But the link you provide only takes me to the Author Dashboard, where it says I must make a payment to have my request accepted. I'm not sure how to PM anyone but will look into it tomorrow.
At the bottom of the page is another link to "contact Scott," which returns me to the same page. Slightly maddening.
You send a pm by going to the user profile, and pressing there on the pm (sending private message) option. I tagged @"Scott", so he should see this thread. 8)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
jbt 01
Favorite Author: A.G Howard
Currently Reading: Jane Eyre
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbt-01.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by jbt 01 »

How do I enter my pay pal when I chose to not be paid?
gali

Post by gali »

jbt 01 wrote:How do I enter my pay pal when I chose to not be paid?
I am not sure I understand your question. You don't want to be paid at all? In that case, don't enter the pay pal acount.
A retired Admin/Mod

jbt 01

Post by jbt 01 »

I chose not to be paid because I didn't have a pay pal account but now I want to be paid so I was wondering how to go back and put in my pay pal
gali

Post by gali »

jbt 01 wrote:I chose not to be paid because I didn't have a pay pal account but now I want to be paid so I was wondering how to go back and put in my pay pal
Oh, I see. Go to your reviewer page and press on the Preferences tab. You have the option there to add your PayPal Address.
A retired Admin/Mod

jbt 01

Post by jbt 01 »

Thank you!:)
gali

Post by gali »

jbt 01 wrote:Thank you!:)
You are welcome. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

chipstoll
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by chipstoll »

I paid $25 to Scott Hughes on 7/25 with card ending in 4517, but like all the other people on this page, you will not grant reviews and continue to request payment. I would like to work with Online Bookclub but worry it may be a scam when I see so many posts on the same topic. Unsatisfied so far.
gali

Post by gali »

chipstoll wrote:I paid $25 to Scott Hughes on 7/25 with card ending in 4517, but like all the other people on this page, you will not grant reviews and continue to request payment. I would like to work with Online Bookclub but worry it may be a scam when I see so many posts on the same topic. Unsatisfied so far.
It isn't a scam and all issues were resolved. Please contact @Scott through your Author Dashboard (where you uploaded the book) or by clicking 'Contact Scott' in the footer. Thank you. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”