Banned after only 1 Day?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Re: Banned after only 1 Day?

Post by Scott »

miss_argyle wrote:I'm not complaining that I missed a deadline; I'm complaining that I keep getting emails about the deadline even though I am now no longer allowed to update anything.
I admit that I missed the rule about being both an author and a reviewer. I'm not complaining about that as it's totally my fault. Sad, because I had written a review on a really good book and now that author won't get to benefit from it.
What I'm commenting on is that even though I've been banned I 1)keep getting emails from the system telling me to update and when I go to the website only get the banned message 2)There doesn't seem to be any direct link to contacting Scott and working this out, so it all has to play out in public and 3) wondering if my book I (unfortunately) submitted as an author will be reviewed or whether I'm banned that way as well and I'm wondering about the disposition of the funds.
I'd also be willing to rescind the book I sent as an author and keep being a reviewer alone, but I don't seem to have been offered this option.
Hi @miss_argyle

You definitively should not have gotten the emails. When I saw this the other day, I removed your pending review as a reviewer so that you shouldn't have gotten or get any more reminder emails after that. That should have happened automatically. I will look into that. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

The message displayed on the review team was also unclear. Moreover, I think "banned' is kind of a harsh word at all. I am going to fix that right now, so that in the future in this kind of situation it is explained fully and in a friendly way.

Your review request as an author is not cancelled. Your book can still be reviewed.

Regarding not being able to contact me using the contact link, I'm worried that that might be yet another glitch or problem with my software. To help me investigate the matter, can you walk me through what happens when you click the 'contact Scott' link at the footer? It should bring you to a page special for authors where you can select the subject of your message. One option should be to contact about the review request. When you click that you should be brought to a page with some writing in bright red at the top, all the other information about your review as it usually displayed on the author dashboard, and then a textbox in which you can type your message and click send. Is that not what is there? And if not, can you tell me what is there? Sorry for the trouble.

I'm sorry for all the confusion and hassle.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”