No Email Updates on Posts

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

rachel_bruhn
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-jacks.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 5004

Re: No Email Updates on Posts

Post by rachel_bruhn »

I'm not on the tech side of things, so I can't really say what would be causing you to not get e-mails. I can say that when I first started on this page I received one or two e-mails when a new post was submitted to a forum I had posted a reply on. I always clicked the link in the e-mail to see the most recent post. However, after that I did not receive any e-mails except to let me know my review was published until about a week ago. Now I get e-mails almost daily when people reply to posts and when I go to "your posts" there are no unseen posts (the boxes are not green) because I have already viewed the most recent post using the link in the e-mail.

I don't know if someone updated or fixed something to make my e-mails start working again or if it was a glitch that worked itself out. I did nothing different on my end to resolve the issue and I did not contact anyone about it. I know I didn't offer much insight as to solving the problem, but I hope that it puts you at ease knowing you are not alone! Hopefully it is resolved for you soon!
Journey beyond the jacket.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

rachel_jacks wrote:I'm not on the tech side of things, so I can't really say what would be causing you to not get e-mails. I can say that when I first started on this page I received one or two e-mails when a new post was submitted to a forum I had posted a reply on. I always clicked the link in the e-mail to see the most recent post. However, after that I did not receive any e-mails except to let me know my review was published until about a week ago. Now I get e-mails almost daily when people reply to posts and when I go to "your posts" there are no unseen posts (the boxes are not green) because I have already viewed the most recent post using the link in the e-mail.

I don't know if someone updated or fixed something to make my e-mails start working again or if it was a glitch that worked itself out. I did nothing different on my end to resolve the issue and I did not contact anyone about it. I know I didn't offer much insight as to solving the problem, but I hope that it puts you at ease knowing you are not alone! Hopefully it is resolved for you soon!
It's more of a pesky annoyance. I haven't received any emails all week so I have no idea if some replied to a comment I made or posted to any of my reviews. I basically have to check my reviews, even the not-so-recent ones since someone will occassionally post comments there. Same with topics where I have posted a comment.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Bookowlie!! Hey! You're still around!
:text-woo:
And, hey, guess what... I'm not dead! This may or may not be a good thing, I know.

But sorry you're having trouble with your email stuff. I turned off all my notifications a long time ago so I didn't notice when anything went funny.
rachel_bruhn
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-jacks.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by rachel_bruhn »

Under the "your posts" tab, the boxes on the left will be green if there have been posts since your last visit, so you don't have to go back to ALL of the posts to see new comments. :)
Journey beyond the jacket.
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks for the suggestion. I know about the color coding on the left boxes. I haven't been getting email notifications about anything - that I have a PM, that a review has been published, etc.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

rachel_jacks wrote:Under the "your posts" tab, the boxes on the left will be green if there have been posts since your last visit, so you don't have to go back to ALL of the posts to see new comments. :)
:shhh:
There's actually a cheatier way to do it :shifty:
If you click on your own user name it will take you to your profile, then you can click to show only your topics :shifty:

I know how frustrating glitches can be :evil:
I hope it starts working for you again soon!
And another congrats, @"bookowlie", because I just can't ignore that pretty color :D
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

You cheater - ha ha ha. Thanks for the suggestion and good wishes. It's all about the color. :)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”