New adjusted editorial scores

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Lovely_Loreley
Favorite Author: Donita K. Paul
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 776">Light of the Oracle</a>
Currently Reading: The Blue Fairy Book
Bookshelf Size: 370
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-loreley.html
Latest Review: "Vanished in Berlin" by Gry Finsnes
Reading Device: B00UB76290
fav_author_id: 13786

New adjusted editorial scores

Post by Lovely_Loreley »

Hi! I was going to put this as a response to one of the threads in the Private Review Team forum but there was no reply button...not sure what that's about but I figured I'd post here and hope someone sees it, since I think other people might have similar questions.

With the recent update to the score formula in the private review team, there was an "adjustment" made to all of my editorial analysis scores. Now, my overall score stayed the same even though some of the individual scores changed by a good amount, so I didn't really think much of it. Then, with my most recent review (which isn't published quite yet because only one editor has looked at it so far), both my given score and adjusted score for that review brought me way up in points. In fact, the adjusted score was 100%...I thought that was a bit weird, and sure enough when I logged back in to update my score for comments I'd just received on some of my reviews, my total score went back to what it had been before I wrote this most recent review. The only change? Even though no other editor had given feedback on that review, the adjusted score was dropped quite a bit.

So I'm wondering what exactly is being factored into the adjustments and why? And perhaps, is there a glitch that the adjusted score is automatically 100% before the score is actually looked at and adjusted? I'm really just guessing here, and I'm honestly curious about this update. I don't mean to come across in any negative way :)

Any feedback from admin/moderators would be much appreciated!
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I think this is a question for Scott as he develops the formulas. Maybe you can send him a PM so that he can look at your individual scores to be sure they are accurate. He can also explain the basis for the recent changes. I don't believe the moderators are involved with the scoring formulas.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

bookowlie wrote:I think this is a question for Scott as he develops the formulas. Maybe you can send him a PM so that he can look at your individual scores to be sure they are accurate. He can also explain the basis for the recent changes. I don't believe the moderators are involved with the scoring formulas.
You are right and only Scott deals with it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I found something that could cause the rating to come out as 100% temporarily right after the editor submits it. I have fixed that so it should not occur again.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Lovely_Loreley
Favorite Author: Donita K. Paul
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 776">Light of the Oracle</a>
Currently Reading: The Blue Fairy Book
Bookshelf Size: 370
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-loreley.html
Reading Device: B00UB76290
fav_author_id: 13786

Post by Lovely_Loreley »

Okay, thanks everyone!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”