Unable to select a book to review

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

zanderlyrose
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanderlyrose.html
Latest Review: "Sweet Sleep" by Kim Cormack
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Unable to select a book to review

Post by zanderlyrose »

I chose to review Deceiving Mr. Bevison by Nanette Fynan. However, when i clicked the link it said it was no longer available from amazon. I clicked the submit error button and put in an explanation. Now it isn't allowing me to view a list of books to choose from to try another book. What do I need to do in order to get access to another book to review? Thank you in advance.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Since you already selected it, you are "committed" to that book for the moment; that's why you will not be able to choose another book. Scott will respond to your error report and will correct the amazon link or whatever else is causing the problem. If he can't correct it, then he will reset your page so that you can choose another book. Until that happens, you are "committed" to reading the book you already selected.

Your issue sounds like it's most likely just a glitch to download the book and will be easily corrected. Hope this helps.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
zanderlyrose

Post by zanderlyrose »

That is what I was thinking. i will just be patient then and keep checking back :). Wasn't sure if there was something i had done wrong, or needed to fix.
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

I have had this happen with the Kindle Gift link once or twice before, and Scott has been able to correct it. Hope it's an easy fix for you!
zanderlyrose

Post by zanderlyrose »

I do as well. I am excited and looking forward to start reviewing. I love reading and I am aspiring writer. Just need motivation.
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

Oh, I just realized you just joined the site. Welcome to the neighborhood!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome to the site. It is probably a glitch as was said above. Scott will take care of it when he sees your report.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
zanderlyrose

Post by zanderlyrose »

Thank you kindly for the welcome. I don't really have an outlet for sharing my love of books so I am exploring!
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I responded to the error report just a little bit ago. :)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
zanderlyrose

Post by zanderlyrose »

Thank you!
rkrobart
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0700">When Jesus Wept</a>
Currently Reading: C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 423
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rkrobart.html
Latest Review: "Remembering Me" by Michael J Giannini

Post by rkrobart »

I, too, am unable to select another book to review. The first one I chose was a children's book that had about 250 words in the entire book (3 pages of minimal writing, and several pages of pictures only). When I explained this in my message to Scott, I did not receive a response. I used the greatest detail I could in the review, and gave a lengthy coverage of my opinion of the book. However, a 400 word review on a 250 word book is unrealistic. The system claims I have not submitted a review that meets the guidelines (I understand it is pre-set to check for 400 words), but I'd like to have my review approved so I can go on to a different (hopefully longer!) book. Thanks in advance.
Latest Review: "Remembering Me" by Michael J Giannini
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

rkrobart wrote:I, too, am unable to select another book to review. The first one I chose was a children's book that had about 250 words in the entire book (3 pages of minimal writing, and several pages of pictures only). When I explained this in my message to Scott, I did not receive a response. I used the greatest detail I could in the review, and gave a lengthy coverage of my opinion of the book. However, a 400 word review on a 250 word book is unrealistic. The system claims I have not submitted a review that meets the guidelines (I understand it is pre-set to check for 400 words), but I'd like to have my review approved so I can go on to a different (hopefully longer!) book. Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry your first review was rejected due to not meeting the guidelines. I can understand your frustration given the short length of the book, but the policy about the minimum word count is pretty clear. I'm sure Scott will respond to your Private Message and let you know how to proceed.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

rkrobart wrote:I, too, am unable to select another book to review. The first one I chose was a children's book that had about 250 words in the entire book (3 pages of minimal writing, and several pages of pictures only). When I explained this in my message to Scott, I did not receive a response. I used the greatest detail I could in the review, and gave a lengthy coverage of my opinion of the book. However, a 400 word review on a 250 word book is unrealistic. The system claims I have not submitted a review that meets the guidelines (I understand it is pre-set to check for 400 words), but I'd like to have my review approved so I can go on to a different (hopefully longer!) book. Thanks in advance.
I am sorry as well your first review didn't go well for you. Most of kids' book are short, though this book seems especially short. Did you try to add more details to your review on the plot itself, its themes, the target audience, why you recommend it and so on?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”