Problems with verification email

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

anthonycsheehy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Problems with verification email

Post by anthonycsheehy »

Hello,

I am having problems receiving the verification email. My provider does not have a junk email folder. It does have a whitelist, but there do not appear to be any details on what email the verification email comes from, so I cannot even whitelist the email to ensure it get's received.

Any help appreciated.

Anthony
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Can you not just whitelist onlinebookclub.org?

I will PM you more information.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
exqsmwa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by exqsmwa »

I haven't received my verification and I have searched my spam mail and my junk mail and put your Club as acceptable mail.
I'm with Centurytel and haven't run into this problem before. I don't know if my vote counts without the verification.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

exqsmwa wrote:I haven't received my verification and I have searched my spam mail and my junk mail and put your Club as acceptable mail.
I'm with Centurytel and haven't run into this problem before. I don't know if my vote counts without the verification.
@exqsmwa Your vote will not count without the verification.

Are you able to contact Centurytel about the issue? If you get in contact with them, I can help answer any of the technical questions that might have if any.

Alternatively, I can change your email to a different provider who doesn't block our emails.

In any case, I am very sorry for the trouble.

This website has over 80,000 members who subscribe to all sorts of different things (e.g. PM notifications, specific subforums, the vote verification, etc.) so it sends out a lot of email. It's not surprise that it can get flagged as spam/junk by some providers, but unfortunately some providers have a user-unfriendly practice of blocking the email all-together instead of putting it into a junk folder and letting the end-user decide who to block and who to white-list. This might not be the case with your provider, @"exqsmwa", but it is the case with many, especially smaller websites or phone companies (as opposed to full-fledged email providers like gmail).
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”