Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?
Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged!
For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.
If you have a question or problem regarding the review team system, whether as author or a reviewer, please use the private contact forum.
tempebrown wrote:Thank you for these good guidelines. However, I too am a little confused and maybe a little intimidated. Is it okay to list other books I have written in my Author Bio? Don't want to get blacklisted before I even get started! LOL
@tempebrown If you mean the author bio on the Author Dashboard when submitting a review request, then that is fine. Yes, you can include your previous works their.
These rules in this topic refer to the creation of forum topics on the forums.
Sorry for the confusion.
"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2953
- Joined: 31 Jul 2006, 23:00
- Location: CT
- Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
- Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
- Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
- Bookshelf Size: 186 books
View Reviewer Page
- Reading Device: Nook Simple
- 2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
- Goal Completion: 11%
Scott wrote:Our awesome moderator team has come up with the following guidelines to help members understand the moderation policy.
• Before setting up a new topic always use the Search function first to check if the topic, or a very similar topic, already exists.
• If you want to submit a review of a book you have read, first check if another member has already set up a topic for that particular book and if there already is a topic open then post your review as a new post on that topic. Do not create a new topic as duplication makes it impossible for interested members who are following a particular book discussion & will mitigate against a lively discussion developing.
• If you are setting up a new topic for a particular book, having checked that one does not already exist, please keep in mind that one sentence does not constitute a review. A review must be your opinion of the book, what you liked or did not like, what you feel worked or failed to work and/or your opinion of character, plot, style etc.
• As the Home Page says this site is a “Book and Reading Discussion Forums for Readers” and while the site has a Community & Off Topic section nonetheless topics should have some relevance, however tangential, to the sites stated intention. So please do not set up topics that have absolutely nothing whatever to do with books or reading and that clearly should be posted on a totally different website or blog.
If you are new to the forum, please also familiarize yourself with our Strict Anti-Spam Rules. Make sure to adhere to those as well.
Yass. sure! thanks for these guidelines, we're sure to follow this <3