Forum Rules

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

s_rose26
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Topic Creation Guidelines

Post by s_rose26 »

Thank you so much for reviewing these guidelines! As a new member it is incredibly helpful to have clear expectations from the start. I look forward to reviewing!
Viviana Pitino
Currently Reading: Bound to his redemption
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viviana-pitino.html

Post by Viviana Pitino »

Thak you for this! I'm new, and always confused abiut what to di first. It's very helpful!
tempebrown
Currently Reading: Escaping Tranquil
Bookshelf Size: 131

Post by tempebrown »

Thank you for these good guidelines. However, I too am a little confused and maybe a little intimidated. Is it okay to list other books I have written in my Author Bio? Don't want to get blacklisted before I even get started! LOL
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I'll tag @"Scott" for you :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
tempebrown

Post by tempebrown »

Okay, thanks.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

tempebrown wrote:Thank you for these good guidelines. However, I too am a little confused and maybe a little intimidated. Is it okay to list other books I have written in my Author Bio? Don't want to get blacklisted before I even get started! LOL
@tempebrown If you mean the author bio on the Author Dashboard when submitting a review request, then that is fine. Yes, you can include your previous works their.

These rules in this topic refer to the creation of forum topics on the forums.

Sorry for the confusion.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
tempebrown

Post by tempebrown »

Okay, thank you so much!
abhishek7081
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by abhishek7081 »

got you....
EugeniuszMosz

Post by EugeniuszMosz »

Scott wrote:Our awesome moderator team has come up with the following guidelines to help members understand the moderation policy.

Guidelines

• Before setting up a new topic always use the Search function first to check if the topic, or a very similar topic, already exists.

• If you want to submit a review of a book you have read, first check if another member has already set up a topic for that particular book and if there already is a topic open then post your review as a new post on that topic. Do not create a new topic as duplication makes it impossible for interested members who are following a particular book discussion & will mitigate against a lively discussion developing.

• If you are setting up a new topic for a particular book, having checked that one does not already exist, please keep in mind that one sentence does not constitute a review. A review must be your opinion of the book, what you liked or did not like, what you feel worked or failed to work and/or your opinion of character, plot, style etc.

• As the Home Page says this site is a “Book and Reading Discussion Forums for Readers” and while the site has a Community & Off Topic section nonetheless topics should have some relevance, however tangential, to the sites stated intention. So please do not set up topics that have absolutely nothing whatever to do with books or reading and that clearly should be posted on a totally different website or blog.

If you are new to the forum, please also familiarize yourself with our Strict Anti-Spam Rules. Make sure to adhere to those as well.

Yass. sure! thanks for these guidelines, we're sure to follow this <3
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Thanks for this post Scott. I will try to keep these guidelines in mind for my future post. I was just wondering how to write a post that could be considered for the Discussion forum for June's book of the month since I just read the book and want to discuss it. Do I simply post it or is there a specific procedure that I have to go through? I don't know.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Jaime Lync wrote:Thanks for this post Scott. I will try to keep these guidelines in mind for my future post. I was just wondering how to write a post that could be considered for the Discussion forum for June's book of the month since I just read the book and want to discuss it. Do I simply post it or is there a specific procedure that I have to go through? I don't know.
Hey Jaime!

If you want to start a discussion topic for the June BOTM, you have to wait until June when a forum for it will be opened. Once a forum for the book has been created, you will be able to post discussion topics. Also, if you really want to, you could probably start a discussion topic of Superhighway under another forum like Books and Discussion or somewhere else. It won't be counted towards the BOTM discussions though.

I would just wait until June when a forum for the book has been created. Then you can start as many discussions about the book as you want. Who knows? We may even have another contest next month that you could win! :D
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Amagine wrote:
Jaime Lync wrote:Thanks for this post Scott. I will try to keep these guidelines in mind for my future post. I was just wondering how to write a post that could be considered for the Discussion forum for June's book of the month since I just read the book and want to discuss it. Do I simply post it or is there a specific procedure that I have to go through? I don't know.
Hey Jaime!

If you want to start a discussion topic for the June BOTM, you have to wait until June when a forum for it will be opened. Once a forum for the book has been created, you will be able to post discussion topics. Also, if you really want to, you could probably start a discussion topic of Superhighway under another forum like Books and Discussion or somewhere else. It won't be counted towards the BOTM discussions though.

I would just wait until June when a forum for the book has been created. Then you can start as many discussions about the book as you want. Who knows? We may even have another contest next month that you could win! :D
:text-yeahthat:

You should wait for the June's BOTM. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Azrevread
Currently Reading: Orcas Forever
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azrevread.html
Latest Review: Ten Directions by Samuel Winburn

Post by Azrevread »

Thank you for listing the Topic Creation Guidelines. The guidelines are very helpful and have
answered a few questions that I have had about creating forum topics on the forum pages.
Jennifer de Leon

Post by Jennifer de Leon »

Having a guidelines is so helpful for the new members to be aware of the do's and don't...thank you so much
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

This is very helpful. I nearly duplicated a topic! Ouch!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”