Book Review Confusion

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Valrose
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valrose.html

Book Review Confusion

Post by Valrose »

I am new to group and thought, though I guess I am wrong, that I could submit book reviews. I see so many lovely reviews on your site.

I submitted a book review only to have it "locked". The only feedback I have is "duplicate topic" from Fran. I don't understand "duplicate topic". Many books on this site have been review countless times, some for several years, how does one book review get the "duplicate topic" designation while others do not? This is confusing. Are there any guidelines to submitted a book review and where would I find them? Thanks.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome to the site!

Duplicate topic means that there is already such a topic, so no need to open a similar one. One is allowed of course to submit a book review, even if there are other reviews on it already. Your review was locked since there was already a topic open for this book. You should have posted your review as a reply to that topic rather than starting a new one.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Valrose
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valrose.html

Post by Valrose »

OK
I'll get it.
Thanks.
Is there a list of guidelines I should follow? I looked and did not see anything.
TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Post by TLGabelman »

If you want to review books that are open for review from this site then you need to join the private review team forum. There are rules and guidelines posted there. If you would simply like to write a review on any book you need to use the search tool at the top of the page to make sure it isnt already a topic. If it is not a topic you can create a new thread if it is already a topic post as a reply on that thread.
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”