Site lag and multiple postings

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Site lag and multiple postings

Post by Skillian »

I've been noticing a lot of lag when tying to comment on posts. The site kind of has a brain fart, and I am left wondering if my post has been submitted at all. I tried hitting submit again, and I end up having posted the same comment twice. Though, since then I have found that if after hitting submit initially the website goes into that brain fart type reaction... and I just click into the address bar and hit enter (refreshing the page) it instantly reloads the page (without having to wait for it to stop freaking out) and my comment is already attached. I just thought I would share encase anyone else is experiencing the same issues. I did see a couple of people having posted the same thing repetitively so I would guess so. So I hope this helps others in getting past this little hiccup until it is resolved. :D 8)
I love LOVE. <3
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have encountered the same problems last night.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

I had the same problem last night also. I thought it was my internet which is wonky sometimes. I went to a different program for a while and when I came back it was resolved.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Can I give you a high for using the phrase "brain fart" on this forum. Lolz.
Skillian

Post by Skillian »

a high? you can give those? haha you mean high five? *high five!* I think your fingers had a brain fart 8) :mrgreen:
I love LOVE. <3
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I upgraded the server last week so that should help reduce the lags. Ironically, of course, the upgrading process over the last week has involved many instances of causing a high load to the computer and would itself cause slowdowns, but that should be over by now.

However, if you ever notice the site is running slower than usual, please let me know. It's easier to troubleshoot issues with more information.

I've noticed the double-posting thing before as well. I'm surprised the double-post doesn't get blocked by the anti-flood filters. How exactly it happens is a mystery even to me, but needless to say it results from the site being slow at accepting a new post and someone hitting the submit button again to submit the same post while the site is still processing the first submission.

-- 26 Nov 2014 12:42 pm --

Actually, checking the settings I can see I had the anti-flood filter set at only 30 seconds. I have increased it to 45 seconds. Maybe it was just that 30 seconds was going by in between the attempts to submit the same post.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Skillian

Post by Skillian »

Thanks Scott! I haven't had anymore issues with it in a while.. so all it good!
I love LOVE. <3

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”