New thread question?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

New thread question?

Post by Gravy »

If I make a similer, but not the same thread, will it be locked?
I ask because I figured I'd post on an existing thread (not exactly the same but I figured I could evolve it to fit (it hadn't been posted in for awhile)) except people aren't replying to my post but the main post.
If it is likely to get locked how would you suggest evolving the existing topic?

I've also been wondering, if I find a doubled thread and report it, do they get combined or locked?
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

If it isn't the same question, it won't be locked. You can pm me about it, if you aren't sure, and I will advise you. :)

Regarding the threads, there isn't an arbitrary time limit on a topics. Often members (myself included) have topics they are interested in flagged for response notifications and they return to the topic when someone posts there.

About the doubled thread, it depends on the thread. If possible, it will be combined. Otherwise, it will be closed. If you see a doubled topic, please report it or pm me about it.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Thank you :)

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.