Reviewing books

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Erich_gray
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erich-gray.html

Reviewing books

Post by Erich_gray »

I hope this is the right place for this.

I just joined up last night and ready to dive into reviewing books. But I am a little lost. (I already got one warning for post which I did not know was duplicated, so I am wanting to avoid that again). If I wanted to post a review on a book that is already reviewed, how do I do that and where? I do not want to get flagged for a duplicate subject again.

And how do I get that counted towards my review count? I signed up on the review team and want this to get started on the right foot.

Thanks, and I hope this is in the right place. If not, please move it where it needs to go.

Erich
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Hi

If there is already a thread about a certain book, just add your review to it. If there isn't such a thread, open a new thread on the appropriate subforum and post your review there. Please use the Search button on the Home Page before creating a new topic.

Regarding score, Just keep posting meaningful posts. After a week or two you'll start to see books for review. Then you'll start to get points for official reviews. The more you participate, the more books will become available to you. The Review Team Page is where you select books to review and get more information about the review team. Good luck!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Elizabeth Rogers 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-rogers-47.html

Post by Elizabeth Rogers 47 »

This was a problem for me also. I was used to another site that shut down awhile ago, and this is set up quite differently. It takes me time to adjust and learn new ways, but I am determined not to give up. I just took a month off, but am ready to try again. I made the same mistake about writing a review when there was already a thread about that book. It was frustrating to me because I am not a fast reader or writer. I am going to re-read the rules more than once, and try to behave.
Erich_gray
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erich-gray.html

Post by Erich_gray »

Thank you Gali for the reply. It was helpful. I look forward to it. I found a book in the "latest reviews" and was thinkingof doing it. However my step son checked out a book from the library for me that I have been wanting to read and I have not found it in the forums search. So it will be my first one.

Thanks again, Erich
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

You are welcome. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”