Topic Searching Tips

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

TiffanyJade
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanyjade.html
Latest Review: "Whispers of a Soul" by Chantal Emmenis

Topic Searching Tips

Post by TiffanyJade »

So I learnt the hard way to make sure to search for a topic before making a new one because I am a bit of a doofus and well I would like to know if there are any tips for topic searching because when I search there are loads that come up and it is overwhelming for me to search through.
Also when I write a review in the normal forums do I write it in the subforum or do I use a new topic and put for instance "divergent review"?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

You should insert a specific topic in the Search button on the Home Page to make the search faster. Be aware that most topics have been covered up on the various forums.

About the reviews, you should check out if there is an existing thread about the book. If there is such a topic, just add your review to it. If there isn't such a thread, open a new thread on the appropriate subforum and post your review there. For instance there is already a divergent topic, so you should add your review over there.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
TiffanyJade
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanyjade.html

Post by TiffanyJade »

Thank you. That is very helpful. I'm still getting the hang of things but I have tried to be good and use the FAQ section and everything. Sorry if my newness is very annoying.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

TiffanyJade wrote:Thank you. That is very helpful. I'm still getting the hang of things but I have tried to be good and use the FAQ section and everything. Sorry if my newness is very annoying.
You are welcome and it isn't a bother at all. If you have further questions, feel free to ask. Oh, and welcome abroad! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”