Not been paid due to author delay.

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

claire mckay
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-mckay.html
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine

Not been paid due to author delay.

Post by claire mckay »

Hi Scott, I submitted a review on 18th June but status is still on waiting on author confirming private blurb. Can you please check this out as it's been a while. Thanks Claire
S dot Lennon
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: My current book theme is banned books
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-dot-lennon.html
Latest Review: "Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers" by Donna Mack
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by S dot Lennon »

I'm having the same issue. I received an error when I submitted the private blurb. I sent Scott a message with the error code I received. It's been almost two weeks since I submitted the review and blur. Over a week since I sent Scott a message. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

-- 04 Jul 2014, 20:15 --

I'm having the same issue. I received an error when I submitted the private blurb. I sent Scott a message with the error code I received. It's been almost two weeks since I submitted the review and blur. Over a week since I sent Scott a message. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
All I need is a new book and a place to read it...
GEtherton
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GEtherton »

Claire and Stacie, I'm replying here only because your posts are current and I think maybe you can help me. I'm an author, my book was submitted ages ago, and I'd given up on navigating this site. Lately, I've been getting emails that my review is completed and "action is needed"- something about a "private blurb." But the link doesn't work, and neither my name nor my book come up in a search. I re-registered so that I could get logged on. Any suggestions?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

GEtherton wrote:Claire and Stacie, I'm replying here only because your posts are current and I think maybe you can help me. I'm an author, my book was submitted ages ago, and I'd given up on navigating this site. Lately, I've been getting emails that my review is completed and "action is needed"- something about a "private blurb." But the link doesn't work, and neither my name nor my book come up in a search. I re-registered so that I could get logged on. Any suggestions?
You should pm Scott about it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
GEtherton
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GEtherton »

Okay, thanks gali. I've actually gone that route already, just to get re-registered. So, I'll do it again and try to get out of this mess.
S dot Lennon

Post by S dot Lennon »

GEtherton, I think at this point its just a waiting game. I received an error when I submitted my private blurb, which would prove that I read the book. Maybe your review is experiencing the same issue. Hopefully we will here from Scott soon regarding it.
claire mckay

Post by claire mckay »

Hi Ginney I actually reviewed your book and submitted it 2 weeks ago! It shows that it's waiting on you confirming that my blurb about the ending is correct and also says that the review was submitted privately to you at your request. I've no idea how to fix the link that's not working for you - we need Scott for this I think!
S dot Lennon

Post by S dot Lennon »

Has anyone heard any updates from Scott since posting this? I'm just curious because I haven't heard anything.
claire mckay

Post by claire mckay »

No not heard a thing! It would be good if there was someone to cover for him when he's on holiday or ill especially as it's not good service for authors who have paid for reviews and then experience extra delays due to a technical issue that no one else can resolve. This is the second time I've encountered this and I've only done a few reviews. We don't want authors put off paying for reviews after all!
S dot Lennon

Post by S dot Lennon »

That is something that Scott needs to consider. It would be great if someone else could help with the workload with even returning messages just so the line of communication is clear.
npandit
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-npandit.html
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen

Post by npandit »

Have you guys heard any updates on this? Does anyone know how much time is typically given for authors to get back on private blurbs?

Also, agree with claire mckay and Stacie_C -- I'm sure lots of people and maybe moderators wouldn't mind helping out with these troubleshooting things.
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen
claire mckay

Post by claire mckay »

No I've heard nothing though in this case my understanding is that the author is having a tech problem that she needs Scott to resolve before I can get paid.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

If the author hasn't updated the review dispute, you should be able to request closure of the dispute. If the author simply doesn't respond after a few weeks, I issue the payment without the confirmation.
GEtherton wrote:Claire and Stacie, I'm replying here only because your posts are current and I think maybe you can help me. I'm an author, my book was submitted ages ago, and I'd given up on navigating this site. Lately, I've been getting emails that my review is completed and "action is needed"- something about a "private blurb." But the link doesn't work, and neither my name nor my book come up in a search. I re-registered so that I could get logged on. Any suggestions?
It sounds like when you "re-registered" you did so with a different email address than the one associated with the review request needing action. Thus, the software has no way of knowing you are the person who needs to take action or knowing that the review request in question has anything to do with the account you are using. You need to login with the same email address you used to submit the review request (which is the same email address to which the reminders are being sent).
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”