How to correct a book review?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

danielleurban23
Favorite Author: Jill Sanders
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=1644">No Light</a>
Currently Reading: Home to You
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleurban23.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
fav_author_id: 16339

How to correct a book review?

Post by danielleurban23 »

I have received an email saying, that I need to fix a book review of mine that was rejected. It's called the Birthing the Lucifer Star. I can't correct it. Please, help me. Thank you!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I think you should submit a new review after fixing it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
danielleurban23
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=1644">No Light</a>

I have tried that and it won't let me. Thank you.
gali

Post by gali »

danielleurban23 wrote:I have tried that and it won't let me. Thank you.
You best pm Scott about this then.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
JessiAnne26
Currently Reading: A Novel Bookstore
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessianne26.html
Latest Review: "Positive Thinking Positive Life: The Mindset" by Phil Hunter

Post by JessiAnne26 »

gali wrote:I think you should submit a new review after fixing it.
I can't seem to take the original down and submit the corrected version. My review doesn't outright state it was rejected either. Is this because it's on the private review team forum or does that matter? I would really like to try submitting my edited work again but am not sure how. Please help!
Latest Review: "Positive Thinking Positive Life: The Mindset" by Phil Hunter
gali

Post by gali »

JessiAnne26 wrote:
gali wrote:I think you should submit a new review after fixing it.
I can't seem to take the original down and submit the corrected version. My review doesn't outright state it was rejected either. Is this because it's on the private review team forum or does that matter? I would really like to try submitting my edited work again but am not sure how. Please help!
You can't and shouldn't take down the original review. What you should do is to submit a new review.

The review was rejected by Scott himself and not by the program. That was the reason it wasn't rejected when you first submitted it. Scott goes over the reviews on the private review team forum and approve or disapprove them. The form of your review is right, but you have to spellchecked/proofread it and submit it again.
A retired Admin/Mod

danielleurban23

I tried and it doesn't allow me too. Plus, I have emailed Scott about the issue asking me to send him my review to repost, which I did. And the issue still hasn't been fixed. Because I just received another email saying that I am risk of being banned because I haven't sent in my corrected version of my book review.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

If you are getting an email reminder, that means the review hasn't even been submitted to me for approval. This means you either haven't tried to submit it on the review team page, or you were unable to because it was rejected by the automatic filter.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
han87
Favorite Book: When I find it I will tell you.
Currently Reading: Dune
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-han87.html
Latest Review: "Angel Guides, love communication" by Jan Porter
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by han87 »

Hello all,
One of my reviews was rejected recently for poor use of commas. :oops: I also have a bad tendency to write run-on sentences, does anyone have a practical suggestion to offer on improving those issues? I'm looking for a recommendation for a good grammar reference book or class that I could take to improve my writing. Thank you in advance.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. - Bruce Lee
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

han87 wrote:Hello all,
One of my reviews was rejected recently for poor use of commas. :oops: I also have a bad tendency to write run-on sentences, does anyone have a practical suggestion to offer on improving those issues? I'm looking for a recommendation for a good grammar reference book or class that I could take to improve my writing. Thank you in advance.
The best tip I can give is simply to use a spellchecker and basic grammar checker like the one in Word. After correcting what is caught by the spellchecker, read the review out loud to yourself. Reread the entire review out loud to yourself from the beginning after you make some corrections. Do not submit the review until you can read it all the way through out loud to yourself without noticing a mistake or a part that seems awkward or that sounds unclear.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
han87
Favorite Book: When I find it I will tell you.
Currently Reading: Dune
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-han87.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by han87 »

Thank you Scott. I will make sure to do that for my next review.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. - Bruce Lee
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I had something similar happen last night. I posted a review, proofread it, and then proofread it again with the Preview button before clicking Submit. I noticed I left off the last letter of the character's last name, so corrected it before submitting. Well, I must have done something wrong since the final submission still had the last letter omitted. I just re-submitted the review after just deleting the character's last name altogether (not necessary for the review). So....now there are 2 of my reviews showing for the same book. I sent Scott a PM to request that the first review be deleted, for the aforementioned reason.

The funny thing is that no one, except the author and me, would have noticed the typo as the character's last name is not a noticeable error.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”