How does this work?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

SAMCC6969
Bookshelf Size: 0

How does this work?

Post by SAMCC6969 »

I'm trying to figure out how to get a book and start reading, can anyone help me? Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to reading something other than posts...no offense meant, but I am a book reader. :oops:
emdee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emdee.html

Post by emdee »

Welcome to the forums. You have to be a little more active to be able to get books to review, however... Just hang around for some time, and you will get to know the site better and get opportunities.

:)
JessicaJ
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicaj.html

Post by JessicaJ »

I would really like to start reading books, is there anything in particular I need to do?
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Folks,
I know you're all new but really it is getting quite tedious repeatedly answering the same questions. Could I respectfully suggest that you take a moment to familiarise yourselves with the site including on the Home Page a FAQ section where you will find answers to most, if not all, your questions.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
speedesch2
Favorite Book: The Galway Homicides #4-6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-speedesch2.html

Post by speedesch2 »

Hi there

I understand why people have this question, kindly see below quoted from the FAQ section - I have made 20+ posts and am not able to select a book yet because of the point system which you have running. I think the advertising needs to be a bit more clear up front, so that people can decide if they want to either hang in there, like I am doing or not participate or just participate for the fun. The way I see it is that your site's momentum is created and maintained by many people hoping to receive a book to review and who keeps posting to the forums with that in mind.
How do I sign up?

To get started, you will need to register an account if you do not have one already, which is quick and completely free. Then you will go to the Usergroups tab of the User Control Panel and request membership in the review team group. Then make a few posts on the forum until your post count reaches 5, and then choose your first free book!
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

These questions are answered by the FAQ at:

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/faq.php#f11r0
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”