Can reviewers get additional info about authors?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

anomalocaris
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anomalocaris.html
Latest Review: "Kaitlyn a Wants To See Ducks" by Jo meserve Mach and Vera Lynne Stroup- Rentier

Can reviewers get additional info about authors?

Post by anomalocaris »

Odd question I know, but something has come up in the review process that makes it important for me to have a little more info about an author before I complete the process. Are we allowed to ask for info? I PMed Scott, but it looks like he hasn't read the message (no worries! I'm sure he has hundreds to deal with daily!), so I thought I'd run it by this forum in case someone else might be able to help. It's a sensitive issue, so I'd prefer to deal with it in PM rather than an open forum, if there's a mod who might be willing to help me out via PM.
You can't put a rope around the neck of an idea.
--Vol. Bobby Sands
Latest Review: "Kaitlyn a Wants To See Ducks" by Jo meserve Mach and Vera Lynne Stroup- Rentier
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Scott is the only one who deals with the review process. He will answer your pm or will answer this thread when he can. It can take awhile though, so maybe you should processed with the review meanwhile. I would help you if I could.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
anomalocaris

Post by anomalocaris »

Thanks Gali.

I'll just wait for him then. :-)
--Vol. Bobby Sands
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I made the rules so that reviewers and authors don't communicate directly, to protect the integrity of the review system. However, I can of course work as a middleman in special circumstances to get a questioned answered.

Let me deal with this on PM.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
anomalocaris

Post by anomalocaris »

Thanks, Scott. I PMed you earlier about it, so you have the details. Get back to me when you can. I'll put the review on hold for now, until I hear from you.

-- 12 May 2014, 21:54 --

Just bumping this up as a reminder that I'm still waiting to be contacted on this. I have no idea what the usual wait time is for this site. Maybe the delay is normal.
--Vol. Bobby Sands
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I just sent you a PM.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”