Just a thought about reviewing traditional paper books

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Just a thought about reviewing traditional paper books

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I was reading through some of the topics under this forum earlier and a thought came to mind. I'm not sure if it can be accomplished but to me it sounded like a good idea.

When we choose a book to review, we have hit the button "Successfully downloaded" or whatever button to suit the situation. Would it be possible to implement a similar process for the author for when a reviewer takes on a book that is in traditional format? That way the reviewer could know when it has been mailed and can have a good idea as to when they could expect it. It seems like a fair idea to me. The author gets updated when the reviewer accepts and downloads the book, so why not the author press a button to let the reviewer know when a book has been mailed to them?

Thoughts?
anomalocaris
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anomalocaris.html
Latest Review: "Kaitlyn a Wants To See Ducks" by Jo meserve Mach and Vera Lynne Stroup- Rentier

Post by anomalocaris »

I think it's a great idea. Seems like just basic courtesy.
You can't put a rope around the neck of an idea.
--Vol. Bobby Sands
Latest Review: "Kaitlyn a Wants To See Ducks" by Jo meserve Mach and Vera Lynne Stroup- Rentier
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I thought so to. Especially for reviewers like to know and base their reading about these things.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Have you got any traditional paper books to review?? All of the books I have got so far to review were ebooks. It is a good idea though.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
npandit
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-npandit.html
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen

Post by npandit »

That's a good idea, and I agree with anomalocaris. I've also only ever had e-books to review, as I think they are easier, but it's nice to see that traditional books are still getting sent for review :-)
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen
feedingmyobsession
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feedingmyobsession.html

Post by feedingmyobsession »

Its a great Idea.
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

gali wrote:Have you got any traditional paper books to review?? All of the books I have got so far to review were ebooks. It is a good idea though.
Yes I have done two traditional paper book reviews and just recently accepted another one.

I like to do the traditional book when I can because I think it is refreshing. Everything is ebook now and recently I have started buying more paper books.
gali

Post by gali »

TrishaAnn92 wrote:
gali wrote:Have you got any traditional paper books to review?? All of the books I have got so far to review were ebooks. It is a good idea though.
Yes I have done two traditional paper book reviews and just recently accepted another one.

I like to do the traditional book when I can because I think it is refreshing. Everything is ebook now and recently I have started buying more paper books.
Nice! I would like a traditional book as well, but the books offered were mostly ebooks. I stopped buying paper books to save space. :wink:
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

gali wrote:
TrishaAnn92 wrote:

Nice! I would like a traditional book as well, but the books offered were mostly ebooks. I stopped buying paper books to save space. :wink:

I went more than a year without buying and then the need to read a paper book struck and I went on a bit of a book buying binge. ;)
gali

Post by gali »

TrishaAnn92 wrote: I went more than a year without buying and then the need to read a paper book struck and I went on a bit of a book buying binge. ;)
I still buy paper books now and then, but mainly to complete series that I have got. 8)
A retired Admin/Mod

TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

That's good. I think I am going through a phase. I've read nothing but ebooks and now I'm missing the feel of holding an actual book and turning the pages. :)
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Oh :lol: I implemented something like that long ago on the author's side. I guess I just never programed the reviewer team side to actually reveal that information. I'll go do that right now.

I think when I did it I figured I'd just find the time every day or so to manually review each case where an author had reported a book shipped and a reviewer reported it undelivered... a common mistake on my part :oops:
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Oh okay! :) yes it would be wonderful if the reviewer could see that information!

Thanks Scott!
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

It should say now if the reviewer marked it as shipped or not.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”